Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the above replies are horrible advice, because they don't know any better. I will tell you an ancient secret not many know about that gives you 500% more exp at 29-40 than anywhere else imaginable. And only druids and wizards can do it.

Go to Qeynos, bind by bank.

Port to NK, run to Splitpaw. There are 5 gnolls outside. They drop Lore (non lore ones are junk!) Tanned Split Paw Skins. 4 Volumes. Get 2-3 of these and GATE to Qeynos to turn them into the correcct NPC. Turn them in 1 at a time (any more than 1 is eating it). 7-15% per, and people let them rot all the time! I went from 33 to 34 in 20 minutes, if that puts it in perspective.

If you don't take this advice above everybody elses, you're doing it wrong.

I can't seem to find the NPC. Isn't it Umvera Dekash? Wasn't showing on track either.

EDIT: Found him in North Qeynos, at 50, 360. Wiki said South Qeynos.
Last edited by Bboboo; 06-03-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Charm in OT, voila, ding 40.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the above replies are horrible advice, because they don't know any better. I will tell you an ancient secret not many know about that gives you 500% more exp at 29-40 than anywhere else imaginable. And only druids and wizards can do it.

Port to NK, run to Splitpaw. There are 5 gnolls outside. They drop Lore (non lore ones are junk!) Tanned Split Paw Skins. 4 Volumes. Get 2-3 of these and GATE to Qeynos to turn them into the correcct NPC. Turn them in 1 at a time (any more than 1 is eating it). 7-15% per, and people let them rot all the time! I went from 33 to 34 in 20 minutes, if that puts it in perspective.

You have to get all 4 which takes forever.

And good luck getting this camp.
Last edited by kaos057; 06-05-2014 at 09:43 PM..
Old 06-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

I had the same issue as you at that level which is why it took so long to lvl my druid. What I did was use harmony and root/rot and/or nuke the 2 guards by the gypsy camp in NK. You can easily raise the faction lost by doing this quest http://wiki.project1999.com/Wenbie%27s_Muffins. I will agree it is a bit slow but relatively safe and the bonus of getting to port people for money. Once I hit 34 I was quadding the same 2 guards with the 2 at SK ZL. You can also kill the wandering griffins by charming them with the guards. Another bonus is also killing http://wiki.project1999.com/Korvik_the_Cursed and selling the necklace as he wanders right by the guards.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's a bit extreme; I turned in a bunch of tanned skins a few months ago and (unless its changed since) the XP wasn't that good. Maybe 3-4% per skin IIRC.

Now don't get me wrong, they're a great source of XP just like Blackburrow fangs, and you can only hold four of them, so being able to gate back is handy. But you also have to keep in mind the time it takes to zone back to Qeyons, the time to do the turn-ins, the time to port back to NK, the time to zone in to SK, and the time to run to Splitpaw itself. Oh, and the time to med the mana for the gate/port back.

All that time could have been spent killing things if you'd just hung around. Plus when you do get back, it's entirely possible that someone will have taken your camp.

So, is Splitpaw, and the spires around it, a great place to XP? Sure. If you hunt there should you go turn in your skins? Definitely; if you can easily port back then probably at least once a night (when you're done and don't mind losing your camp).

But are you "doing it wrong" if you just stay at Splitpaw (or elsewhere)? Hardly; staying there will earn you the same, or at least close to the same XP, and you won't risk losing your camp.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Interesting haven't heard of that, but sounds pretty uber. I'd try this our Highkeep guards.
Closed Thread