Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Default List

How will it work for fungus staff for example? If someone is 24/7 in the zone waiting on top of the list, he is going to expect groups to go at that camp, do all the work and hand over the drop?
Old 09-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Orc

List concept is brilliant. It reminds me of when on Bristlebane, when J-Boots dropped off Drelzna in Najena, there was a list held by the current group of 10 which shifted each time and people were surprisingly civil and proper. No KSing or such was heared for as long as they dropped. There was a similar approach on other camps but the list wasn't nearly as long. J-Boots was ultimately the most popular camp, beating that of Evil-Eye bag, Manastone, Guise of the Deceiver and the like. It was an amazing experience within the game and bolstered the feel of a true community.

If by the end of November the concept turns out looking good, I can guarantee I'll drop a few hundred your way because this is not only a worthy effort with all that the team has done but on the concept of Lists alone, it deserves to be rewarded.

Thanks again Project1999 team.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWoTHa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How will it work for fungus staff for example? If someone is 24/7 in the zone waiting on top of the list, he is going to expect groups to go at that camp, do all the work and hand over the drop?
How can you possibly get this bad of a read from what Rogean wrote? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Aviak

Merging will be interesting.

If I have a 60 halfling cleric named Foobar on Blue, and create a gnome warrior on Green, named Foobar... how will they be merged (force a name change?), and what if all my char slots on Blue are full? (require empty slots?) Do I have to have as many empty slots on Blue as I have chars on Green or the merge fails? Or do I get to select which chars merge and which will be thrown away?

Questions, I have them. But I trust y'all will come up with a smart way to handle it.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The 25 mob rule was never part of Classic EQ....This is already off to a unauthentic start :P
Old 09-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Join Date: Jun 2018 - " The first few weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare"

..... Wut? Maybe ask people who have been there.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm hoping for Gfay as auction zone. It's always been EC for me.
Gfay was the first auction zone on Fennin Ro. Then NFP, then finally EC (tunnel).
Old 09-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Why pve tho? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Congratulations on 10 years. Wow, amazing to think its been that long. You guys have done some amazing work since I've played.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anybody that has played from the beginning tell me how bad the playing experience is with 100s of players in the low level zones? I have been on P99 on and off for 5 years now, enjoy the nostalgic feelings and population of zones. Will there is "unplayability" trying to get out of the gate or will it be not so bad? I am envisioning zones like Unrest and Oasis being 50+ players at primetime, which sounds cool at first but nightmarish at the same time, perhaps it will require people to delve out of those zones into other zones to XP, there is plenty of places with decent ZEM and mob counts to play in the 10-30.

I'm excited to try something fresh seeing as I didn't start P99 until 1/2 way thru its lifespan. Looking forward to trying.
I mean, it's kind of up in the air how many people will play green. I don't think we'll get as many as live had (3000) but it's probably going to be more than p99 had at inception (a couple hundred?) On live it was pretty common for people to sit and camp a single spawn for xp in dungeons, even in groups! I don't foresee people having that patience here. Maybe crowded newbie yards at launch weekend? After that just standard overcrowding at popular spots.
Closed Thread