Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Just pledged $200 because I think it will be a sweet surprise when I get all this random Pantheon stuff in 3 years after I have totally forgotten about it.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe how butthurt people are getting about some raffles and early Velious access. People playing a free server that is donation only on the graces of folks who truly devote their time, then get upset when those folks decide to devote their time to the cause of the person who created the game that they devote their time to?

Are you guys serious? Can you be any more fucking ungrateful? I mean the people that have been banned I can see being butthurt because they are banned and want to have a wedge to drive in at the GMs, but the general population of players? Really?

They should shut the server down and let you all think about how ungrateful and stupid you are. I would be tempted to in their positions, rather than spend my time and effort on a bunch of ungrateful crybabies.

How is someone getting access to Velious early a pay-to-win? Because they can get items farmed before you? Are you all really that selfish that someone getting something before you makes you cry like stuck pigs? If someone gets 7 days early access and farms spells and armor before I get there, then GOOD they are out of my way when I go to do it myself.

Bunch of crying whiners.
Dude, just shut the fuck up. The entire point seems to be very far over your head.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am amazed at some of the comments here. Nilborg, Rogean and others started this sever because of the love of the sandbox game. It's their server. They have dedicated their free time, expertise and resources to share it with others. Not one person here has any right to criticize their actions. If you don't like what they've done, just leave.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, just shut the fuck up. The entire point seems to be very far over your head.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe how butthurt people are getting about some raffles and early Velious access. People playing a free server that is donation only on the graces of folks who truly devote their time, then get upset when those folks decide to devote their time to the cause of the person who created the game that they devote their time to?

Are you guys serious? Can you be any more fucking ungrateful? I mean the people that have been banned I can see being butthurt because they are banned and want to have a wedge to drive in at the GMs, but the general population of players? Really?

They should shut the server down and let you all think about how ungrateful and stupid you are. I would be tempted to in their positions, rather than spend my time and effort on a bunch of ungrateful crybabies.

How is someone getting access to Velious early a pay-to-win? Because they can get items farmed before you? Are you all really that selfish that someone getting something before you makes you cry like stuck pigs? If someone gets 7 days early access and farms spells and armor before I get there, then GOOD they are out of my way when I go to do it myself.

Bunch of crying whiners.
Not sure it was impossible for P99 staff and crew to help Pantheon project without giving P99 some in-game advantages.

They made a choice, and as every choice, you'll have 2 sides. Point.

But yes, internet trulls owoooww omg ass f00k 4m 7h3 b357 u 4ll 5ucx
Old 02-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Aviak

I for one am tired of supporting games before they are even finished. It's total B.S. Games should not be even for sale until they are finished, polished, working correctly, full games. More and more we see this, buy the game before it's finished B.S. NOPE. Finish the game, I will take a look at it, and if it interests me THEN I will support the fucking game. Don't ask me to support some game that I have no idea what it will be like, and I may end up hating it. Why would anyone do that? Derp a herp a
Old 02-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phocalc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am amazed at some of the comments here. Nilborg, Rogean and others started this sever because of the love of the sandbox game.
According to nilbog, he started p99 to recreate as close to an exact replica of Classic EQ as possible -- not to be a sandbox with a bunch of custom shit, as you seem to think.

The issue isn't that they can or can't do what they want. It's the giant hypocrisy that completely undermines everything the server staff has stated over the past 5 years.

Sure, they can do what they want - but they should be called on their bullshit.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by impact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one am tired of supporting games before they are even finished. It's total B.S. Games should not be even for sale until they are finished, polished, working correctly, full games. More and more we see this, buy the game before it's finished B.S. NOPE. Finish the game, I will take a look at it, and if it interests me THEN I will support the fucking game. Don't ask me to support some game that I have no idea what it will be like, and I may end up hating it. Why would anyone do that? Derp a herp a
Games cost money to make. If you want games you enjoy playing to be made, vote with your dollars. Particularly independently funded games. For example, Tim Schafer and Doublefine productions made a great game that was almost entirely crowdsource funded via Kickstarter - they made a game their fans wanted to see, something they weren't able to do without that resource. The game was pitched to multiple publishing companies who turned it down. It would have never been made if not for Kickstarter.

It would be nice to see Pantheon get enough funding to not have to bring on a publisher or investors. It doesn't look like that's going to happen (although if the KS starts picking up - and we've seen it happen in the past with other projects - maybe they won't need to) but that doesn't mean those publishers/investors they bring on will change the goal of the project.

Any outside funding they bring in is only going to sign on with the knowledge of the kind of game Visionary is trying to make. As in, a challenging, social MMO bringing aspects of classic MMORPG's like EQ up to date with modern technology and systems. While I agree with everyone's sentiments about big $$ brought in from the outside screwing up games, I firmly believe that in this case, with this clear of a goal, and specifically with such a niche target audience, a publisher isn't going to veer the entire project off course to reach a wider group of people.

That's assuming they even have to take a publisher, and aren't able to do it with investors/crowdfunding instead. Generate enough interest with the Kickstarter, and you won't need a publisher. Anytime someone sees 'hey, a ton of people just paid almost a million bucks for a game that won't even be made for another 3 years', that's going to pique their interest.

TL;dr, support crowdfunded projects, especially ones that are targeted for your play-style like Pantheon is.

Also, please do not turn this into a flame thread. If I have to start pruning posts that should be in RnF, I'm going to start banning forum accounts as well. Go to RnF if you'd like to talk shit please. You can make your own thread and everything.

and a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has donated to Pantheon so far!! I was looking at their donate list this morning and a TON of you have already signed on! Keep it up!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game was pitched to multiple publishing companies who turned it down.
sad state of the world. yay capitalism
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sad state of the world. yay capitalism
Kickstarter is actually the epitome of capitalism. Seeking & finding investors. There are companies started every day with private citizen's funds.

The consumer is always right. Whether they pay in advance, or in arrears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread