Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Aviak

Default EQClassic.org

Searched forum and didn't see any posts about it, hope I didn't miss anything, but, for those who might have been interested, EQClassic.org seems to be alive again after a few years. Started their next phase of testing outside of the tutorial area, and a change log showing updates as recent as March 2017. Personally, I love Project 1999, been here 7 years. But I can't deny that I'd still be interested in trying out an even more pure, "perfectionist" version of classic EQ. That's not to say I wouldn't hate it after doing so, but I definitely have the desire to give it a run.

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=11&t=4160

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/ticker.txt
Old 07-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

"Why are my posts sitting in an approval queue?

This project has seen a strong following of forums trolls, so a probationary period was implemented to discourage their efforts. Forum members are required to make five (5) approved posts before obtaining unrestricted privileges."

Oooo

Eat your hearts out, O legions of p99 forum trolls/all red server posters!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news
Lol... click the links I provided brotha :P
Old 07-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

That guy's still alive?
I chuckle when people bring up EQClassic like it's all new and exciting. After watching it from the outside for years I can say it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Also if I'm not mistaken the core it uses was built from the ground up, so it's not running eqemu.

And in regards to your "purist perfectionist" comment.. P99 is the best we got. you can speculate till the cows come home but P99 is king atm.

Also that ticker.txt doesn't seem fishy at all(sarcasm)
No updates for an entire year then two at the start of 2017. Nothing in the past 4 months.
I'm not hoping bad things on EQC but I don't think it will be/happen like people want it.

PS. I hope it comes out and is fantastic, It may be able to help improve the already amazing p99 classic experience.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-21-2017 at 09:06 AM..
Old 07-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guy's still alive?
I chuckle when people bring up EQClassic like it's all new and exciting. After watching it from the outside for years I can say it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Also if I'm not mistaken the core it uses was built from the ground up, so it's not running eqemu.

And in regards to your "purist perfectionist" comment.. P99 is the best we got. you can speculate till the cows come home but P99 is king atm.

Also that ticker.txt doesn't seem fishy at all(sarcasm)
No updates for an entire year then two at the start of 2017. Nothing in the past 4 months.
I'm not hoping bad things on EQC but I don't think it will be/happen like people want it.

PS. I hope it comes out and is fantastic, It may be able to help improve the already amazing p99 classic experience.
Haha it's no longer run by Yeahlight, thankfully. Dude seems like a huge douchebag. Seeing as how they are actually beginning a new phase of testing involving the community, I don't find the changelog suspicious at all, personally.

I've watched ECQ for years, also. In fact, I found P99 and EQC at the same time, in 2010. I never invested any hope in the project, either. New? No. Exciting? Yes!

I agree P99 is the best at the moment. That could possibly change, though! Just seems everyone had 100% given up on EQC, and I don't think people should, now that Yeahlight is out of the picture, as far as I can tell.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Please explain difference between P99 and this
Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

alrighty
Old 07-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQC will be based on a classic client(Trilogy) instead of Titanium I believe is the gist of it.
What are your thoughts on EQC, Caiu?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

more power to them...

implement full screen med books and classic darkness... hehe...

Item loot +1

bump
Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 AM
Aviak

Yea it is essentially pure classic, unlike Project 1999, which still has many more modern day, post trilogy features. I do believe many of these things are client based, but I imagine if they are using an older client, that likely means older server version as well.

I was one of the people that started on this server not long after it began, in the vanilla era, before Kunark was released. That was 7 years ago. They have slowly been making any change possible to make it as close to classic as they can, but it took them a long time. I think maps were still enabled initially on this server. The difference is EQC insist on attaining pure classic before release, whereas P99 just did a release and modified it to as close to classic as they could as the years went by.