Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Kobold

So many running shamers in this thread smh lazy fools.

Running CAN cause problems but you with proper technique you're fine. We are literally physically built to do it.

Know what else can cause bodily injury with improper technique? Literally any other type of workout.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khysanth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many running shamers in this thread smh lazy fools.

Running CAN cause problems but you with proper technique you're fine. We are literally physically built to do it.

Know what else can cause bodily injury with improper technique? Literally any other type of workout.
No one shamed runners. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Someone mentioned they hurt their knee while running after doing it for many years, and that's quite feasible.

Not every human body is built to run long distance or even shorter distances as everyone's body is different and capable/incapable of doing different feats of physicality.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Banned

walking > running for long term longevity.

On topic: I went up from like 155 to 175 within 2 months of a colectomy. On a 6'3" indo-european like me still quite slender. I'm getting my insides cut up again so that I can lose the ostomy bag at the end of the year and my surgeon told me to "skinny out" [sic]. Apparently having next to no fat in the abdominal cavity is ideal for making these surgeries easier.

So I am now practicing intermittent fasting every day to help consume fats while retaining the muscle I gained since getting healthy. I was getting into some jogging, but it ruins the seal of my ostomy bag so I'm going back to walking and a regimen of pushups, pullups, lunges, and some dumbell exercises for my vanity.

I also got a ostomy-bag protective belt over the weekend so I can go swimming again in the ocean, which is fucking awesome, but when I was body surfing it totally ripped the seal and I hda to go home immediately. So I really won't bea ble to get back into the water how I'd like until next year.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On topic: I went up from like 155 to 175 within 2 months of a colectomy. On a 6'3" indo-european like me still quite slender. I'm getting my insides cut up again so that I can lose the ostomy bag at the end of the year and my surgeon told me to "skinny out" [sic]. Apparently having next to no fat in the abdominal cavity is ideal for making these surgeries easier.

So I am now practicing intermittent fasting every day to help consume fats while retaining the muscle I gained since getting healthy. I was getting into some jogging, but it ruins the seal of my ostomy bag so I'm going back to walking and a regimen of pushups, pullups, lunges, and some dumbell exercises for my vanity.

I also got a ostomy-bag protective belt over the weekend so I can go swimming again in the ocean, which is fucking awesome, but when I was body surfing it totally ripped the seal and I hda to go home immediately. So I really won't bea ble to get back into the water how I'd like until next year.
That's something I never had to manage, but I seen others who had a colostomy bag... big time inconvenience, and could be messy/stinky sometimes too.

One guy I knew who had one had a joke that he would open the bag up and pull the peanuts out to eat them later. I guess he didn't digest the peanuts so they were left in his bag with other stuffs? I never asked to see the contents either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hopefully you can get that thing off sooner than later.

on a side note, nearly all the colostomy bags I seen on people were due to them taking gunshot wounds to the abdomen. They also had a huge vertical scar running from their sternum down to their lower gut.

Made me understand that even if you live from a gunshot, the aftermath is nothing to sneeze at and sometimes the injury is something a person has to live with for the rest of their lives.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you pack light! Next time I go on a multi-day trip, I will prepare my gear a bit better.
Here is my ligherpack link btw:

https://lighterpack.com/r/d1d26h

The tent is for two people (wife comes along a lot) but I definitely want to get a lighter/1P shelter. The upside is it's basically a palace when I solo.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lhancelot seems to be the only one having an issue with Swish in this thread, everyone else just bouncing ideas / feedback off one another.

Take a breath, challenge your thinking, and realize its OK for Swish to make a good thread. Or just continue to bully him and convince yourself that you're doing us a favor.
Nah, Swish is definitely a douche, and this thread is stupid as fuck. Why would anyone want to go to an emulated MMORPG forum and talk about fitness? Dude is clearly just the type who likes to hear himself talk. Hey everybody look at me!! Such an attention whore, probably is a female tbh.

If you're serious about fitness and actually have a lasting interest in it, go to a place where that is the focus, and not a passing trend like it will be here.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not sure if this is an option for you or if it would work with an ostomy but we used to use a dry suit barefoot water skiing when it was freezing ass cold outside.

http://www.thefootersedge.com/barefo...ional-drysuit/
Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Banned

I'll be working on my tan this weekend

you will too 8)
Old 08-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone is going to give you credible advice on how to achieve this. Again, file this under learning about the body, dieting, and weightlifting/loss for yourself and then use that knowledge to reach your goal - whatever that goal may be.
I had to sleep. Reading his post after a 14 hour shift was hurting my brain. What he's trying to do is very complicated. He has the general idea of what he needs to do tho. It sounds like he knows anatomy and physiology pretty well. It would be very difficult to destroy specific groups of muscle without injuring the muscle or possibly causing rhabdo. In my opinion, the best option would be atrophy, caloric deficit, and cardio to slim down a bit, then build up from there again. But what the fuck do I know I'm just some random internet troll. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had to sleep. Reading his post after a 14 hour shift was hurting my brain. What he's trying to do is very complicated. He has the general idea of what he needs to do tho. It sounds like he knows anatomy and physiology pretty well. It would be very difficult to destroy specific groups of muscle without injuring the muscle or possibly causing rhabdo. In my opinion, the best option would be atrophy, caloric deficit, and cardio to slim down a bit, then build up from there again. But what the fuck do I know I'm just some random internet troll. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually thought more about his goal after my post and I share a similar sentiment as yours. I think he'd need to do some sort of hard "reset" and onset atrophy, do a sustained calorie deficit with cardio to lose weight and then basically start 'sculpting' from scratch.
Closed Thread