Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

Default Eye of Zomm and Feign Death

Ran across a fun little gem recently
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote:
Azathool 07-04-2001, 07:48 AM
Now if, once you cast the spell you then immediately FD, when the eye dies you will be just as though you had FD’d after throwing a weapon at the mob (ie, indifferent). The mob will NOT come for you as long as you stay FD

But the mob will have moved off its home spot slightly to kill the eye !!. So if you get back up before the mob has returned to it’s home spot (assuming it’s a static), then it will come for you. This return can sometimes take a couple of minutes. If the mob is a wanderer, same rules as per normal apply for FD. It will continue wandering after a while, but if you get up you might not have been hate wiped, and may have to FD multiple times to clear the hate.
Quote:
Tiial 07-25-2001, 04:18 AM
if you summon an eye and then FD, you dont have to worry about any mobs warping to you...nothing will happen accept that your eye will be dead. And I dont believe you will carry any agro if you pop out of FD. I tried this with Naggy and many mobs in Velks Lab and verious places, not once did a mob warp to me once I poped out of FD after it killed my eye.
Quote:
Azathool 07-25-2001, 08:09 AM
I'm glad people find the guide usefull. )

The eye WILL agro you if you get up from FD, but only in certain circumstances. If the mob is static, and did not move off it's spot to kill the eye then it will not come. If the mob did move, then it depends upon if you manage to get a mem wipe. I have found in most situations, as your pulling statics that it acts as you say, and you dont get a pull.

Also distance I find plays a part. If I send the eye too far, the mob will place me on it's hate list, but not actually come for me. You have to be VERY careful of this, as the agro range is now much much bigger on the mob, and you are passed onto the hate list of any other mob the 1st one comes into contact with.
Quote:
Tiial 07-25-2001, 04:59 PMI would like to comferm that if I am FD and my eye is killed by a mob, whether or not I have aggro. So far it hasnt seemed so, but I have not really gone up to the mob to see.
Quote:
Stoke Glasseye 08-19-2001, 09:23 PM
The eye has been buggy for me lately. Sometimes I'll cast it and get some error message about not being able to have two pets. This will last until I zone. Another is I cast the eye, feigned, and went searching for mobs. Found a mob and agroed it, and it came straight for me while I was still feigned.
Quote:
Daegul Mistweaver 01-03-2002, 02:32 PM
Well, to answer my own question, no. It seems that once you've invised yourself, at any point in time after summoning forth an eye, the eye becomes indifferent faction; clicking invis off doesn't change that. Notably different from summoning an eye and FD'ing, which of course does get a reaction from MOBs.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Whoops search failed me. Already a thread for this. https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-261862.html

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5552

Quote:
I am a mage on Morell-Thule. Traded these to a 60 monk in my guild for a Journeyman's walking stick he didn't need. (5k item) Not only can he use the beads, but while FD the mob will just kill the eye. NO AGGRO on monk. so you get 30 sec (duration of spell) AGGRO free scouting while FD. He also loves the item for pulling, If overpull, he can FD without even getting hit.

also they say after eye dies, you dont go back to yourself, you spirit walk aggro free?
This is explained in the monkly business post. The leash range on many mobs could be extremely tiny which would make the mage think there was no agro. That combined with the innate blur that monk FD brings.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

bump

what evidence do you need for this? would be a big swing towards classic pull methods if we can narrow it down.