Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Global OOC is funny however, people calling "server first" on just about everything from levels to starting their epics. You ask the population if they can name all the server firsts (who got L5, L10, L15 etc first) and nobody knows... or cares [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SURVUR FURST lvl 2 and 3 PALLY RIGHT HURR
also survur furst illusionists stone

lol nothing was funnier than that iksar who hit lvl 5 and then people went all FUCKYOUCHEATERHAXHAXHAXHAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

also; BDA is moving to sleeper by the looks of it

talisman= best guild ever cause it has p/r99 legends such as Chellsea, Swish, and Maybach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Aviak

A bit off topic but I have been watching this group who decided to develop EQ from scratch in order to get a 100% classic experience, including the small UI and staring at the spellbook. They are developing slowly but surely. I probably won't play the server much but I will definitely check it out when it's done just for the nostalgia.

Here is their progress road map for the dev:
http://www.eqclassic.org/roadmap.php
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, dunno why anyone would leave p99, its obviously more fun pooping in socks and sitting around with your thumb up your ass at level 60
Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

talisman= best guild ever cause it has p/r99 legends such as Chellsea, Swish, and Maybach
Maybach confirmed GM of own guild and non-factor on Red after month 1. Unlike the picture of the guy in my sig, I keeps it 3hunna
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point remains, the easy shit takes no time, so why would they release like this after spending so much time working on other aspects of the server? When I cook a steak I don't spend a day working on perfecting the marinade just to half-ass cook it in 2 minutes. Most of the broken quests probably just need updated itemID's.

Focusing on experience seems to have backfired, as many people have already quit because of it.

Also,

It's double hotzone modifier (15% -> 30%), not double experience. It still sucks, and your choices are limited since you are stuck in a hotzone to see any gain.
You are a poster child to my complete confusion as to why people HATE that server. Same thing happened when Red launched; /ooc in EC became a forum for people to rant for days about how bad EQ PvP is and how broken the game/server is and how shitty Red will be and how "you'll all come crawling back."

Life is all perception my friend. You say you can code Nek in 3 hours, so why don't you? I 0% believe that to be true, but that's just my opinion. You could: re-do Nek, and send it to Sleeper as a working zone that dozens of players would benefit from being fixed. OR. Be an elitist faggot on the wrong server's forums and post endless faggy paragraphs about how bad everything is, and how much better it could be: just being an all around faggot in general. Which path did you take, young Jedi?

The server's thriving for a week 1 launch. Red had 600+ on day 1, 200 avg in a few weeks; I guess I fail to see the population loss point as a doomsday scenario. You can box there, raiding is on a token system, a P99 size pop is not needed to play the content there: THAT was the focus, THAT was what the GM's prioritized. Kegz sits in game, listens to /ooc, listens to peoples tells, patches and resets the server live for the bigger issues, adjusted XP up when it was too low (still is, but its playable now). Hell, i gave him a small list of shit that was very broke lastnight and he added it to the shit to be patched today.

Haters wanna hate, Lovers wanna love, I don't want to do, none of the above, I want to piss on you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lolkelly.jpg (21.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a poster child to my complete confusion as to why people HATE that server. Same thing happened when Red launched; /ooc in EC became a forum for people to rant for days about how bad EQ PvP is and how broken the game/server is and how shitty Red will be and how "you'll all come crawling back."

Life is all perception my friend. You say you can code Nek in 3 hours, so why don't you? I 0% believe that to be true, but that's just my opinion. You could: re-do Nek, and send it to Sleeper as a working zone that dozens of players would benefit from being fixed. OR. Be an elitist faggot on the wrong server's forums and post endless faggy paragraphs about how bad everything is, and how much better it could be: just being an all around faggot in general. Which path did you take, young Jedi?

The server's thriving for a week 1 launch. Red had 600+ on day 1, 200 avg in a few weeks; I guess I fail to see the population loss point as a doomsday scenario. You can box there, raiding is on a token system, a P99 size pop is not needed to play the content there: THAT was the focus, THAT was what the GM's prioritized. Kegz sits in game, listens to /ooc, listens to peoples tells, patches and resets the server live for the bigger issues, adjusted XP up when it was too low (still is, but its playable now). Hell, i gave him a small list of shit that was very broke lastnight and he added it to the shit to be patched today.

Haters wanna hate, Lovers wanna love, I don't want to do, none of the above, I want to piss on you.
Play it if you want, I'm just sharing my experience. I use P99 as a comparison, but I don't play on any server.

Development-wise, The sleeper is 5-10% of P99, depending on how well they did the end game. I have serious doubts about their ability to close that gap at all. Both servers started from the base Project EQ Database (It was noticeable if you knew the signs, but not "in your face obvious" on P99, as it is with The Sleeper).

My time means more to me than playing on a half-assed, "hard-core" revenge server that spent 2 years developing a months worth of work. I would assume many others would feel the same way. The ignored beta feedback and sheer amount of obvious bugs straight from PEQ does not bode well for the server, how long until donations are demanded to prevent a shutdown? How much time will you invest in the server before that happens? It obviously wasn't created for a realistic emulation, making it a very niche server (zomg we haz Velious) that was pushed out ahead of competitors with very little effort put in. Do you really think that will change going forward? If the server was serious about it's goals, it would still be in Alpha/Beta.

The difference between this:

https://epicemu.com/forum/april-2013-patch-notes
Against the fence, patching easy and obvious stuff as it's pushed in front of him, not a good place to be when exploits and critical issues start showing up.

And these:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98585
P99 has a solid dev team, sort of slow but steady, although they are very heavily bound by "classic", protecting what they have(limiting dev resources) and the need to meticulously research everything they do.

http://www.thehiddenforest.org/portal.php
THF has probably the most capable and unbound dev team I've seen on emu, although the "pay to win" trend is crap

http://www.eqclassic.org/roadmap.php
Like 5 years of development, starting pretty much from scratch, I would have to play it just to show respect to the commitment they have shown over time. Organized and pretty consistent.

Is not even comparable if any kind of quality or longevity matters to you.

Just because I can see the difference doesn't mean I have any desire to fix anything on their server. I'm rarely even at home long enough to start any projects. I did report a few exploits while I was there though, you're welcome.
Last edited by Allizia; 04-14-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by windo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People of P99 just mad that another server might steal or dent population here so there's nobody to inspect them in EC tunnel.
If anyone was mad the thread wouldn't exist and martial law on the forums would be in effect to make sure it was never ever mentioned ever ever again.

Your trolling needs some work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

dont think anyone is mad really. people just get defensive about their emu. honestly i think 2 servers is great. competition brings improvements. this may or may not be related but the ban wave happened right after server released, probably a coincidence but it also could have been to flex on one of the strengths of the server which is supposed to be a hack-free environment. its better for the eq classic player to have choice, hopefully toop sticks with it.