Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was just pointing out you can sit in fucking sk doing treats without fear of ever getting a pvp death. I had 8700 gold can't move 20% health don't care nobody coming.
That is pretty true, should be a big attraction to a lot of blue players.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

I'm thoroughly tempted to roll a rogue and sit at zone lines.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is pretty true, should be a big attraction to a lot of blue players.
They know there is no pvp. What turns them off is they want end game and end game here is the same 40 re rolling alts and loot council. Even if they leveled then they would have to compete with horrendously seasoned vets (year 4 velious) that never log off. Can just see the blue clan now. Tune is so nice he is going to let some of us raid with him and give us these dragons. The dragon loots will be awarded to top blue guildies and then they will quit and join tune's guild. Alongside the lucky good players he picked out that he allowed to raid with him and gave them loot. There always be one or two he will be loyal because they are so insane they haven't realized this is a video game.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_rustler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ultimately any new pvp server would just end up in the hands of the bat shit crazies who play 20 hours a day, people like Tune and his disciples. The only way to deterrent the blubies from 'winning' is having it wiped every 2 years.

Either way people like Tass quit the moment they started to have trouble with their opponents having a gear advantage in Velious. He talks-the-pvp-talk but having been guilded with him one of the reasons he quit was his Wizard was fast losing it's killer status they once had in Kunark. He wants cheap easy pvp where it's him over powering some undergeared nub - which signifies classic-kunark pvp.
This is a wall of text about how other people spend all of their time on EQ and poster feels like what other people do ruins the game for them

Sorry Azz, not so sorry, though.

P.S. I still enjoy my time with this community / game even at a few hrs max per week in front of my glowy box.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

The powers of the forumquest are hopeless against the might of Red99
Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_rustler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wants cheap easy pvp where it's him over powering some undergeared nub - which signifies classic-kunark pvp.
Yes I do, but those days are over. 2-12 pally still in your future.

From wiki EQ and expansions release dates:
Everquest 1999 March 16
The Ruins of Kunark 2000 April 24
The Scars of Velious 2000 December 5
The Shadows of Luclin 2001 December 4

So 3.5 years and four expansions with a much larger player population. It all points to stale pixel farmers on red. Pvp is elitest shit now. I don't think, two non-twinked fresh to the server players have pvp'ed each other on since 2014. Every encounter since then has had at least one of the parties geared or existing player.

STALE PIXEL FARMING.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I do, but those days are over. 2-12 pally still in your future.

From wiki EQ and expansions release dates:
Everquest 1999 March 16
The Ruins of Kunark 2000 April 24
The Scars of Velious 2000 December 5
The Shadows of Luclin 2001 December 4

So 3.5 years and four expansions with a much larger player population. It all points to stale pixel farmers on red. Pvp is elitest shit now. I don't think, two non-twinked fresh to the server players have pvp'ed each other on since 2014. Every encounter since then has had at least one of the parties geared or existing player.

STALE PIXEL FARMING.
That's what EQ is in the end though.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

I haven't posted here in like 4+ years, because the server got bland when it was basically 1 guild (Nihilum?) running everything and doing PoF with no comp was boring.

Is there really a chance they will restart P99 red, or is that just dream talk from those people who know a fresh server is always more competitive than a matured server?

Also, would they have to wipe, or could they just build a Red99 deuce and give more system resources to the server with the 500 people playing and less to the server with 1 guild still playing? Hyper-V is free.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Banned

Hyper V would be great if server wasn't run on a Pentium III single core with an Ethernet card with one single 10mbps port.

But yah hyper V sounds cool for this.

The new box would have to get rid the crazy fast exp mechanics.

Right now though there's very little stopping a group of ppl from getting 60 and geared enough to pvp in as little as two months. If you ever wanted to pvp in velious gear, now's the time, join sanctuary, get your body ready. You can do all this and get in shape irl.

Eq is still a goog game even top heavy which is cool and normal for an MMO anyway.

Once Apex gets bored of velious it's going to be only those newbs and few vets who carry on the torch with a low pop again.

There's a lot of fresh faces though in sanctuary. Probably only 40 vets from classic era tops. And they don't log in all the time, mostly just to lead the newbz, blewbz. So 3/4s the total pop at peak is ppl who can become pvp pros. Box has a lot of potential. Imagine a box with peak 300 dedicated pvpers.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned

Tune is like the exception to the rule. Plus Tune is fine, I'd play with them if it made sense from a healthy box standpoint.

Like I'm not going to sit here and make fun of hours logged to justify who's on which side or which side is good or better.

I do think the underdogs do exist and are building momentum and we might have a good summer though.

Sorry my original wall of text was bad. Anyway I know u got high levels parked in orbit of the box Azzar. I'm not even expecting u to log in unless u see peeveeepeees going down and feel like joining. Like I respect ur done gearing and leveling everyone's alts.

For a healthy box ppl need to do that without relying on box legends and old timers to do it for them anyway.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-22-2018 at 05:50 PM..
Closed Thread