Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Great work, thanks !
Old 02-01-2019, 04:16 AM
Skeleton

Thanks a lot for the time and effort that went into this!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Does a single bard song really grant +196 MR with puretone and max instrument modifier? Surprised the isn't a cap on some things.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does a single bard song really grant +196 MR with puretone and max instrument modifier? Surprised the isn't a cap on some things.
Puretone increases songs by 2.8 (the max value for song modifiers).

At 60, specific resist songs give +70 base, which times 2.8 = 196.

But bard discs have looooong ass cooldowns (over an hour).

The specific resist songs are all singing based, which the only natural modifier is the bard epic which is also one of the toughest epics to get. Without epic, its better to sing a combo song using percussion. It balances out.

(I will mention though that HP regen section is not correct since bards can give at least +50 hp regen with just 2 songs by themselves.)
Old 02-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

/clap
Old 02-01-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I will mention though that HP regen section is not correct since bards can give at least +50 hp regen with just 2 songs by themselves.)
Unfortunately the Bard page on the wiki doesn't explain the instrument bonus well, so I had to rely on a forum post (one which of course I can't find now). I'm pretty sure it said that haste, regen, and mana regen (and maybe one other thing?) wasn't affected by the instrument bonus.

Is that wrong? Should HP regen be affected?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Haste is not, but HP regen definitely is.

I wasn't referring to the instrument bonus though, I meant that hymn of restoration stacks with niv's to grant >50hp / tick regen via just bardsong. (Realistically, at 60 you would be using cantana of replenishment but it has 1 less base hp regen at 60 compared to hymn).

The hp/mana regen songs are a bit complicated. The HP is effected by instrument but the mana regen is not. However, the pure mana songs that are singing based are supposed to be increase via epic / puretone, but IIRC its not working right in p99 or something. Its a debated topic.

(Also, for mana regen, you have the 34 bard song listed instead of the 55 one which has double the mana regen. For max mana regen, bards would sing 1 mana regen + 2 or 3 mana pulse for max. If you want to look at pure 1 tick counts, one cantana + 1 chorus will give +20 mana regen without any instrument bonus. It gets more complicated a calculation as you add in 2 or 3 pulses of chorus and epic/disc modifier.)

It might sound like I'm criticizing the page but I'm not. It must have taken a lot of effort to set the page up and I'm just nitpicking a few things on it that are probably outside your area of expertise. I audit SOP's IRL so its just something I do to look at these types of things. I'm still too lazy to edit it myself lol.

The haste section is also bit off. Jonathan's whistling warsong is not V2 haste (like ervaj songs) and will not stack with enchanter haste (its V1).

The DS is also a bit off. You list +22 in the bottom section but the table above uses +8 value for McVaxius' Rousing Rondo.

ATK section also needs bard epic (+30atk)

Similarly, STR benefits from bard epic and song of the deep seas proc (which is also AC and AGI).
Last edited by Legidias; 02-01-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Old 02-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Impressive! Nice work!
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Kobold

I think you have an error in your buff lines: major shielding from the Stave of Shielding does not seem to stack with FoS. It also will not stack with Yaulp IV.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have an error in your buff lines: major shielding from the Stave of Shielding does not seem to stack with FoS. It also will not stack with Yaulp IV.
Great catch on the Focus/Shielding stacking, thank you! I've fixed that in the page.

The Yaulp IV thing is ... interesting. Lucy agrees with you 100% about FoS and Stave not stacking, but not about Yaulp IV (if you follow the link you'll see that no versions of Yaulp are listed, and similarly Major Shielding isn't listed on the Yaulp IV page).

It's possible Yaulp IV didn't stack in classic, and SoE later changed it to stack, but that seems unlikely. So if the two don't stack here but they do on Lucy, there's a decent chance it's a mistake. I'll file a bug on it: if the devs have classic evidence to the contrary I'll fix the page to indicate that Yaulp IV doesn't stack, but maybe this will turn out to be a classic fix.

But before I file a bug I just want to double-check: are you 100% certain Yaulp IV and Major Shielding don't stack (don't want to waste dev time)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread