Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Default Wiki Feedback Requested: Camp Rulings Page

Camp fights aren't fun for anyone, and very often they arise out of a misunderstanding of the rules. In order to help get everyone on the same page (literally) I've been working on a wiki page to document all of the staff's rulings.

However, the format of that page wasn't so useful, so I created a new page that can hopefully become the new goto for "is there a camp ruling I should know about for _____". The new page isn't complete yet, but before I got too far with it I wanted to get feedback on whether the format is good, whether the page is missing info, etc.

If you have a minute please check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules and tell me what you think!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

While waiting for feedback I wound up finishing it, at least as far as the rulings I'm aware of. But I'd still love any feedback anyone is willing to provide ... including, of course, any other rulings I've missed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Yikes.gif
Old 05-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes.gif
Not quite the feedback I was expecting (and I'm not even sure if that's a good "yikes" or a bad one), but thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If it was a bad yikes any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

nice way to try to keep it all together in one place, lawyerquest 101
Old 05-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice way to try to keep it all together in one place, lawyerquest 101
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My hope in making the page is we can make this stuff common knowledge, to the point where when someone doesn't know it everyone else in-game is like "just look at that wiki page" ... and then it won't be special "LawyerQuest" knowledge anymore

Old 05-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camp fights aren't fun for anyone, and very often they arise out of a misunderstanding of the rules. In order to help get everyone on the same page (literally) I've been working on a wiki page to document all of the staff's rulings.

However, the format of that page wasn't so useful, so I created a new page that can hopefully become the new goto for "is there a camp ruling I should know about for _____". The new page isn't complete yet, but before I got too far with it I wanted to get feedback on whether the format is good, whether the page is missing info, etc.

If you have a minute please check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules and tell me what you think!
I like it. Thank you Loramin.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

We had a GM say less than a week ago VT was campable... I mean we need a GM to step in and clarify a list like this otherwise none of these are valid, enforceable or will be followed.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

This is a great start
Old 05-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a GM say less than a week ago VT was campable... I mean we need a GM to step in and clarify a list like this otherwise none of these are valid, enforceable or will be followed.
In order to keep things as clear as possible every ruling has a link, and if you follow that one you can see that the post it's based on is extremely new: Menden just made it yesterday. In it he acknowledges the previous contradictory rulings and establishes the ruling that's now in the wiki (and very clearly states at the end that it overrides previous rulings):

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ostcount=26%7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

The recent call that involved DiogenesThaDogg never felt 100% right to me, a lot of arguments could be made for FTE or campable. I compared VT/VD to Hadden and SF, but Llandris made a very compelling argument which I'll list below.

I brought the topic up with other Senior Staff and we combed through countless past calls relating to these two spawns. The overwhelming majority is that it's FTE, not campable.

I put non-raid, single target, no PH spawns into two categories.

1. Campable, but must keep guards clear.
Sir Lucan
Drusella Sathir

2. Campable, but must get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
Hadden
Stormfeather

I originally put VT/VD into this category but because they are generally killed with 2+ players, this makes it really hard.

As we see it this goes against the "stalling" or "kill within a reasonable amount of time" guideline we
have stated countless times for other camps. So I can understand the confusion among players(and staff apparently).

So, we're making this official. A third category.

3. FTE, let the race begin.
Verina Tomb
Vessel Drozlin

I'll see if I can talk Nilbog/Rogean into putting a FTE emote on these two mobs which would make it pretty clear what kind of encounter this is and stop any confusion that may come up in the future.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused, but going forward you have this post to go on as a concrete guideline backed up by the Server GM and other Senior Staff.

If anyone has shared the screenshot that DiogeneThaDogg has posted, please remove it or edit the
post stating the call has been reversed.

Closed Thread