Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. I also decided to admin lock the page. Unfortunately this will limit who can update it, so if you see missed rulings (of at least some significance; please don't send every staff post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) please PM them to me and I'll add them.

I figured this was the better alternative to leaving the page open to a very real possibility of vandalism. If a player could edit the page to "prove" a false rule to another player, that would be all kinds of wrong.

I did the same to the Camp Rules page, and added an updated disclaimer:

Quote:
NOTE: This page is NOT guaranteed to be comprehensive ... or anything else except (like the rest of the wiki) a volunteer best effort. At any time a staff member may make a new ruling that's not included here, and if you see one please PM Loramin in the forum (unfortunately this page is admin-locked to prevent vandalism).
And to be clear all of this is just a "for now and see how it goes" measure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-05-2019 at 02:02 AM..
Old 05-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Wiki saboteurs oughta be spanked with a splintered bamboo stick!
Old 05-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Orc

I like the pages. Honestly, my big takeaway from it is that I think that the rulings themselves are often fairly confusing or misleading. If anything, it shows all the ways in which you can totally get away with harassing other players without fear of petitions.

Take for example, below:

Code:
"There's also player defined camps out there we don't enforce but HIGHLY encourage players follow. Player defined camps may include Sisters in lfay ..."
I feel that the statement of "We highly encourage players to follow these normal camp rules, but it's not required" is kind of a frustrating addition. What you really just said was "Sisters in lfay can be camped individually if you so desire, and nothing will be done to enforce the camp as a whole." I see this repeated many times looking down the list.

Players who respect each other enough to work out the camps in the way that is "encouraged" are never the problem. These rulings have to happen specifically because there's a significant subset of players who don't care about doing what they're "encouraged" to do. They'll do whatever they can get away with. If anything the post just clarifies that the jerks can continue to do whatever they want and you can't petition them.

So if you're saying they can get away with camping individual mobs in a camp that's generally accepted as one bigger camp... then they will do so! Just say so. Don't say "You can camp an individual mob in a larger camp, but if you do it at these camps it makes you a jerk," because that is a meaningless statement that doesn't really help. It makes certain people feel justified in feeling angry over someone doing something... but doesn't give them anything to do about it.

Sorry for the frustration. I just feel like if it's worth stating in a post "We HIGHLY encourage players to follow this player etiquette", then it's worth making a more concrete ruling on it.
Closed Thread