Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can prebuild next target aggro a lot better on a SK... also your taunt spells don't cause mobs to flee, and you don't need to wait for stun to wear off before it gets to you.
How do SKs prebuild aggro on next target? Aren't all SK aggro spells damage spells that break mez?
Paladins can use their 0 dmg stun on broken pets or mezzed targets to prebuild aggro as you called it.

I know little about SKs. I am very biased towards Paladins as I have one that is level 57.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

They have ac debuff and str debuff. Not that commonly used, but if you're trying to not break mez is a good route.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do SKs prebuild aggro on next target? Aren't all SK aggro spells damage spells that break mez?
Paladins can use their 0 dmg stun on broken pets or mezzed targets to prebuild aggro as you called it.

I know little about SKs. I am very biased towards Paladins as I have one that is level 57.
Shadow Vortex is pretty good agro, and doesn't break mez.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Orc

Iksar sk so you can feel da power of http://wiki.project1999.com/Greenmist
Old 06-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Food for thought, the only thing SKs will do better than Monks in Velious (other than PVP) is snap aggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks have the rep, but the best pullers in Velious will actually be Necromancers (2x DA, 2x FD).
Old 06-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Typically pre shadow vortex on a mob allows you to pull the next mob to you with disease cloud when you break mez... not always the case if the mob has been mezzed a few times but for minimal downtime it knocks 7 shades out of a paladin.

Watch him charge his stun, watch the mob get stunned, watch the mob run to you... engage... ughh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Typically pre shadow vortex on a mob allows you to pull the next mob to you with disease cloud when you break mez... not always the case if the mob has been mezzed a few times but for minimal downtime it knocks 7 shades out of a paladin.

Watch him charge his stun, watch the mob get stunned, watch the mob run to you... engage... ughh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, lvl30 gets resisted a helluva lot at the later stages but I get what you're saying. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If a paladin is paying attention to how much the mob was mez'd you can either stun when you're fighting the first mob then try to stun again, or stun then FoL, or stun then Root. Paladins have a lot of tools to deal with many situations, a good paladin will never let the ench get hit from pre mez'd mobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], plus keep mobs from nuking him/others (which sks can't do anywhere close to as well).
Old 06-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I think what irks me is that if you FoL from a distance it's just going to cause the mob to flee. That mechanic really grinds my gears and puts me off them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think what irks me is that if you FoL from a distance it's just going to cause the mob to flee. That mechanic really grinds my gears and puts me off them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's annoying, true, but you just learn to stun before FoL.