Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros do the third best CC, but you don't see them responding to /ooc Kedge group needs CC.
Warrior dps is barely behind monks until monks get triple attack in Velious, and that's only because of weapon availability. I'm not sure why having a warrior dps is considered bad? People group rangers, mages, necros and wizards in a dps slot and they are all worse dps than warriors.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior dps is barely behind monks until monks get triple attack in Velious, and that's only because of weapon availability. I'm not sure why having a warrior dps is considered bad? People group rangers, mages, necros and wizards in a dps slot and they are all worse dps than warriors.
This is kinda the idea I was attempting to convey. Lots of people don't even consider warriors for a dps slot, but when you actually look at overall dps, they do damn well.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin or SK? Hmmm

Monk
I already play monk, I was thinking if I start a second character!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Banned

human whatever the choice.. i would prefer a paladin than sk to hang out with for pve
Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Warriors do fine dps. That's why this server is stupid top end you need rogue and monk dps to just melt mobs or you're doing it wrong. Plenty of sub optimal group set ups work and GASP some great people play those sub optimal classes. Wouldn't it be more fun grouping with good people than slaying mob after mob in silence
Old 06-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors do fine dps. That's why this server is stupid top end you need rogue and monk dps to just melt mobs or you're doing it wrong. Plenty of sub optimal group set ups work and GASP some great people play those sub optimal classes. Wouldn't it be more fun grouping with good people than slaying mob after mob in silence
Nah, everybody should solo an enchanter or a bard, with a few scattered wizard and cleric alts for ports and rezzes respectively. Why else would you be playing on an emulator of a long-deprecated version of a 16-yo elfsim? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Paladins are also the most active of the three tanks, at least in my opinion. If you aren't pulling you watch out for adds and root them as they come in. After the fight you spam click your hat for a few mana free heals each round. During the fights you have to be aware of any adds to root while keeping aggo, and everyone appreciates if you manage to cure any poison/disease dots without asking if any casts get through. In my opinion its probably the most exhausting of the tank classes in a fast paced group, but also adds quite a lot to what the group can handle.

Maedros Galadan, 60th Druid of Tunare, and proud taxi of <Azure Guard>
Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa, no one groups with Rangers or Wizards. As for Necros/Mages? I think they will beat out warriors without too much trouble. When NPCs got their big upgrade for DA/DW/cooldown pets got a lot stronger. I parsed my L49 necro skeleton on red at 40-45 dps vs CoM trash mobs; I bet a L60 mage with a water pet (55), damage shield (10), and nukes (20) could come very close to outparsing an epic rogue now. Depending on the length of the fights and what kind of CC is going on, a necro will either be a bit worse or a bit better.

I definitely agree though that Warriors do hugely underrated damage. Knights are handicapped by the terrible 2HB damage bonus; once that gets bumped up it in late Velious it will be a lot closer.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

I'd take a good ranger over a slacking "don't want to pull" monk anyday. You know those monks, the ones in KC who can't be bothered to get their seb key sorted and alt tab a lot.

Rangers are great pullers, good dps (especially on an older server like this one with plenty of twinking going on) and they know its a good idea to put some work in because if they are as slack as some of the lazier monks they're doomed for future group opportunities... I'd argue.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think you may be underestimating warrior dps even... With dps weapons they're #2 behind rogues thanks to triple attack, zerking and vastly superior disciplines.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Closed Thread