Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's some big differences between Classic WoW and P99 though

While RMT'ing pp and items no doubt happens to some extent on P99, it is RAMPANT on WoW. I have never once in all my time playing classic and reading the classic forums heard about a person even temp banned for buying gold. it simply was not policed. At all. So gold buying was rampant, and therefore botting was rampant. They did ban waves of tens of thousands of bot accounts, but it was only like 2 times a year. That didn't even put a dent in the number of bots, because the chinese gold farmers that were doing it had backup accounts lined up a ready to go. You could do a /who all mauradon and see 30 different mages with names like "jsjsk" and no one at blizz cared

Then GDKP started to take over all pug raids, at least when I was playing. And that wouldn't be so much of a problem, but especially on larger servers with gold buying so rampant, if you DIDN'T buy gold or sell boosts as a mage, good luck being able to afford any good items in the bid war. I remember trying to get in a BWL GDKP raid after our guild one didn't happen because not enough people were online. I asked them if they thought it would be even worth coming with how much gold I was brining. "Well how much are your bringing?" Me: "Saved up only about 1.5k so far" Answer: "No, it's not worth coming". And once GDKP took over, soft reserve PuGs started to dry up. That GDKP run was the only PuG BWL happening on my server at the time

Min/max culture aside, classic wow became 100% business, and a RMT business at that. And that's how retail is too, for arenas. So much boosting and buying rating. And it's going to happen in arenas in TBC classic. I didn't do enough PvE in TBC to remember how the raids went to attempt to predict how much GDKP is going to be going on. At least there will still be guilds who will be doing soft reserves, at least at the beginning of TBC

I don't think P99 will ever reach levels of RMT that were happening in Classic WoW
that was imported from emu servers , was prety standard there and most rmt bussines are now in hands of of czechs and other slab countrys doing the same stuff all over again but this time on official servers.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no pugs.
all pre-made using the op new top tier abilities.
useless.
arg, disappointing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But not unexpected
Old 05-23-2021, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ty

And oh yeah on the hard to make make part...for a number of reasons. People didn’t give a shit about watching you if you weren’t outnumbered. There were a few extremely skilled South Korean mages who were posting vids of them pulling off 1v4’s and killing all of them, and those were the vids you knew you were going to be side by side with. The problem was that when battlegrounds were released in WoW, world pvp pretty much completely dried up, except for some rare spats at blackrock mountain. So if you wanted footage of pvp it had to be in battlegrounds. And since all battlegrounds were team vs team, people were constantly running up and jumping in to help. I had to scrap so much footage where I was pulling off a great 1v3, but then all of a sudden 3 horde run up and kill everyone

Also, the uncompressed fraps footage was enormous in size, and my computer wasn’t great. I had some times during extended fights where my computer literally froze and gave me a message that my HD was full and there was not enough memory to continue operating windows lol

I pirated (not proud of it) a jailbreaked copy of Sony Vegas video, which was a professional and extremely not user friendly video editing software that normally ran for about $500. I had to spend a week just learning the basics of the damn thing, and I only scratched the surface of what it could do. Spent hundreds of hours editing, and you actually grow to hate your favorite songs that you selected because you hear them 100 times in a row trying to line them up with the action [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the most skilled pvp players outdoor where mostly Vurtnee a frost mage,Medianoche a ele shaman both pionered the use of engineer gadgets on pvp wich at start was not realy used despite massive pvp adventages .And the use of fap potions to hard counter the plague of wanna be rogues.
later did came the generation of bg cut and glue pvp videos of unbrekeable ,
Old 05-23-2021, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no pugs.
all pre-made using the op new top tier abilities.
useless.
Are people able to furiously pvp until they have enough honor this week to buy all the rank 14 set, and THEN copy their char to a permanent classic realm as is?

That seems kinda unfair, because that gear normally took months and months of grind, not just 1 week. And the person would be copied to the permanently classic wow server with best in slot gear for pvp for just 1 week of effort?

Say it isn't so
Old 05-23-2021, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the most skilled pvp players outdoor where mostly Vurtnee a frost mage,Medianoche a ele shaman both pionered the use of engineer gadgets on pvp wich at start was not realy used despite massive pvp adventages .And the use of fap potions to hard counter the plague of wanna be rogues.
later did came the generation of bg cut and glue pvp videos of unbrekeable ,
I agree, unfortunately on my server, world pvp did completely literally dry up once BG's were in full swing except for one exception. If you inconvenienced a guild trying to get to BRM or MC enough, they would send a squad out after you. That's why I mentioned that aside from BG's, the only world pvp I could get was the occasional spats outside BRM
Old 05-23-2021, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

no...
Old 05-23-2021, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no...
Kk good, cause I did not want to feel obligated to have to log in and bash my face against the wall of never-ending pre-mades for a straight week just in case I decided to later want to copy my char to the always classic server

I didn’t want to feel I would be missing out on copying with full r14 gear. Glad that isn’t possible
Old 05-23-2021, 09:36 PM
Banned

It’s also frustrating I can’t just ask on the forums because blizz won’t let me post there unless I give them my money. And my old classic WoW friends all quit so I can’t ask them

Ya’ll are my only source of info atm
Old 05-23-2021, 10:00 PM
Banned

I am probably going to copy my char to permanent classic server. He only has all T1 and his only piece T2 is the legs from rag. Has ony neck, epic quest bow, but does have the Jin ring set from ZG, which is just about as good as all ring epics till naxx

So his gear will be on the weak side compared to most people copying. But I am predicting that TBC arenas will ultimately (not right away but eventually), be a flop due to rampant boosting and rating selling. And when that happens people will flock back to classic, hoping for some true casual nostalgia. That’s my prediction
Old 05-25-2021, 03:59 PM
Kobold

What is best server for alliance PVE? I was on Azuresong and its dead.
Closed Thread