Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-28-2024, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tralina
the Sweetbone Barkery kickstarter scam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2024, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the Sweetbone Barkery kickstarter scam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can i get a quick rundown of tralina... there was a guy r00t affiliated with her also iirc
Old 03-06-2024, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

hi
Old 03-15-2024, 06:36 PM
Aviak

https://web.archive.org/web/20101107...g_history.html
Old 03-17-2024, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Asinine Cowboy is up there with my favorites

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

was it his fault the RL pic thread got deleted in off topic?
Old 03-18-2024, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was it his fault the RL pic thread got deleted in off topic?
https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11887

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to anonymouse123 Send a message via AIM to anonymouse123 Send a message via Yahoo to anonymouse123
Default Free relationships, easy and simple

Night dating. Easy and simple.
Real-life Girls
Old 04-14-2024, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Night dating. Easy and simple.
Real-life Girls
Not that kind of playa, silly robot.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-19-2024, 08:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my first ten minutes on p99, i found someone farming my hometown guards in neriak and attempted to train them with the necromancer sisters on the roof to stop this blasphemy and protect my people. then complained to new guild about someone killing my guards, and they let me know my homeland defense was against server rules, so i gave it up

i think that was the last time i was a bad player on p99

unless ditching PoG raid from sheer boredom counts, god dam those mobs take forever
I probably shouldn't say this, but when I first discovered P99, I hadn't played EverQuest in over 20 years and didn't even know something like this existed. I went on Youtube and basically just searched EverQuest, not expecting there to be any videos up but I just wanted to see what the game looked like and if I remembered it. So I discovered P99. Green was a really new server, manastones still dropped etc.

Again, had no intention of playing the game, so I just installed it and logged in because I wanted to see if I remembered what certain zones looked like etc. I don't remember why, but I got aggro and when I ran to the guard, he was dead and I saw some stupid Troll Shaman just looking at me. I immediately pulled guards and ran them behind him, knowing they would path back into him after they killed me, if I died 10 feet behind him without him seeing me. And it worked, he 100% died, and actually lost a level, and was on an entirely different continent. I felt satisfied, but I remember briefly reading on PNP that trains aren't allowed or something.

So I immediately destroyed all evidence (deleted this level 1 gnome, this happened in Steamfont mountains), and then created a character in Freeport because I wanted to see EC tunnel. A few minutes later, someone messaged me and just said "why? just why...." and I typed /who all that persons name and they weren't online, so I realized they had to be a GM. I typed /quit, and didn't touch the game for weeks.

Then I got addicted. I know that sounds crazy AF to just log into P99 and intentionally train someone and get them killed, but this was the norm the last time I played the game like 20 something years ago and I basically picked up where I left off, lol. Once I started playing on P99 I never did that kind of thing.

I honestly don't understand why P99 is so policed though. Like you can log onto Daybreak game servers right now and train, KS, rage out on people in OOC all night long, every night, and not get in trouble. IDK why they feel the need to be so hands on with the simulators. Not staff bashing either. I just wonder what the early days of P99 were like and why they decided they needed more of an authoritarian approach to the game to the point where you're scared you might get banned for typing the wrong thing or accidentally training someone or pulling the wrong mob.

Like to a certain point I think that MMOs are about players coming to agreements with one another. That's one of the main reasons WoW died or is dying too. They kind of removed the need to interact with other players or build relationships with other players when they went to x-realm and got rid of the need for 10 and 25 man raiding guilds.