Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Translocator ideas
I support the idea of a zone wide shout indicating spawn of the translocator 27 13.99%
I'm opposed to an NPC shout, not classic, don't do it! 10 5.18%
Keep the translocators up full time, this is lame 107 55.44%
Have them up all the time but only port every 10-15 minutes. 19 9.84%
I like it the way it is, don't change. 25 12.95%
I have another idea! Post below. 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though I don't really mind the TLers and their timers much, it's pretty harsh on dark races to pop up on sister island and be splattered, whereas i suppose on a boat they could have invised up or whatever before the trip and avoided them, but you can't TL without being uninvis.
Wrong, Translocator will teleport you while you are invis.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Murphy

If that was changed that's pretty sweet...If i were to do anything I'd make the boats STATIC in their zones, and put the translocators on the boats...assuming the boats had collision detection. That'd still allow for some stowaways or unfortunates to bypass some kos monsters and you'd have that great boat model.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Aviak

I think TLs should be up all the time. I am not a casual player, but a lot of people here are and if you only have half an hour to do somthing 15 mins should not have to be spent waiting on someone to pop and send you on your way.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Yep, I think it is a pointless time sink personally. It won't make it any less classic to just keep them there full-time IMO.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Large Bat

distance meant something in eqclassic, lets leave em as it is please.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

all of you babies whining ...
just get over it, if they change it that would eliminate the point of having seperate continents..

You guys will just whine about ANYTHING won't you?!?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

As much as I loathe waiting for the TLers, it really brings back the immersion that EQ offered back in the day. It's a different world when traveling that far actually means something - you're more aware of dying and you always have to carry supplies.

As far as "casual gamers" go, you're playing a hell of a harsh game to expect to get much done in 30 minutes.

With that said, I'd prefer if the boats were back, despite the problems they had. Nothing beats a nice calming fishing trip on the boat to Iceclad Ocean only to get smashed by frost giants and have to run back from Qeynos.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Kobold

I actually enjoy the wait, even if it's not on a boat. Sure it can be tedious, but it gives me time to look through my bags, grab some buffs, sell off anything I might not need that's unknowingly weighing me down, play the auction channel, buy food and water, screw around a bit in OOT, check vendors.

All kinds of stuff I normally wouldn't be able to wind-down and do if I was constantly "in the zone" so to speak.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Having played for a few days now I'd love to just see a shout, instant travel between continents would be nice, but I think the separation between landmasses really adds something (and is expected given the servers ruleset)

You have to consider your choices and can't bail easily on one group for another. I've hear a number of people say how nice it is that you don't mind the 30 minute travel time when groups are generally together for multiple hours in the same area.

This is definitely the closest to my original EQ experience I've had and I agree with some that something would be missing if not for the intentional Time To Travel.

I see both sides of the argument, and each are valid depending on what you take away from your experience. But personally a zone wide shout would be a better compromise so you can make the best use of your time.

Cheers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Find a way to fix the boats.
Closed Thread