Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please take this discussion somewhere else if yall are gonna just flame each other. This is not the place for it. This is a peaceful place. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't intend to keep responding to him, but I'm not afraid to call things what they are. Dude is an RMT pro and shouldn't be allowed to play here and him trying to comment on anything relating to greed is laughable.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please take this discussion somewhere else if yall are gonna just flame each other. This is not the place for it. This is a peaceful place. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people are delaying Monks until Kunark/Iksar, but I really think that's a mistake. Monks are quite good DPS in Classic with 14/30 fists at level 50. Compare with the best Rogue piercer in Classic at 13/31 (and that's a Vox drop, most everything else caps at 10 damage). Also remember that Kunark will be open for 5-6 months until Epics come out. So Rogues will not be getting their Ragebringers anytime soon. But T-staffs will be dropping from day 1 of Kunark. Human Monks will be out DPSing all but the best geared Rogues for the entire first year and a half of Green. If you want to play a Monk all the way through Velious it definitely behooves you to start one in classic. Unless you have a lot of guild help with powerleveling, twinking and MQing Sky drops it will be tough for an Iksar Monk to catch up with a day 1 Human Monk who's had a year headstart on gear (41% haste from Sky and Wu's Fist being the big prizes). And Rogues will just be crying in their soup the first few months of Kunark when they're watching T-staff Monks rip through mobs while they're still mostly using classic piercers.
Yeah weird. Monk is a great class, surprised by this also.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah weird. Monk is a great class, surprised by this also.
Monks aren't great before Kunark and are missing the best race. If you make a monk it should be your main and if you are serious about it you should make an iksar. Main monks will focus on plat farming alts in classic.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks aren't great before Kunark and are missing the best race. If you make a monk it should be your main and if you are serious about it you should make an iksar. Main monks will focus on plat farming alts in classic.
Sounds like an opinion from a min/maxer.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Aviak

agreed
Old 10-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Classic monks are the best. No items available and no items required. The class was designed to be used with no items at all...like a monk. And fists.

The kunark hyper monk is am abomination.

So imo vanilla is best time to enjoy a real monk. Whether you re roll an iksar for Regen and extra AC is up to you. It doesn't matter at all on PVE but on pvp you lose vs iksar in a 1 on 1 because of those HP gainz
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

I just want you to know no matter what class, race, or sex you pick, I love you. As long as you don't train me. But if you do, I will still love you if you buy me dinner first.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want you to know no matter what class, race, or sex you pick, I love you. As long as you don't train me. But if you do, I will still love you if you buy me dinner first.
Lol
Old 10-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real dumb. Most of the top raiding Monks on Blue during the first couple years of Kunark were all Human. Do you know why? Because they had a big head start on leveling and gearing. Iksar Monks aren't magically handed 41% haste belts and Wu fists on day 1 Kunark. And any guild worth a shit will not be handing over T-staffs to Iksar Monk twinks ahead of their geared out level 50 Human Monks.

Levels and gear Trump everything in EQ, including Iksar racials, which are inarguably great but totally unnecessary for a raiding Monk who will have a Fungi and Regrowth going while pulling anyway. Anyone who wants to main a Monk but plans to wait til Kunark is making a huge mistake.
Closed Thread