Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-10-2021, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These calls are incredibly annoying especially since I am expecting calls from my home insurance and other services so I can't just ignore every call I don't recognize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hang the phone up.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

The phone system in the United States is literally unusable IMO

I too get like 5-10 calls a day.

Just add phones to the long list of things that just have completely decayed in this late great nation.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The phone system in the United States is literally unusable IMO

I too get like 5-10 calls a day.

Just add phones to the long list of things that just have completely decayed in this late great nation.
I used to get solicitation for various things on my cell phone (which is technicalLY ILLEGAL according to the FCC “”Placing telemarketing calls to wireless phones is - and always has been - illegal in most cases” https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...-not-call-list). Things like car’s extended warranty, etc

Now it’s just investment corporations trying to buy up and flip all the homes in my state. I don’t get any of the other solicitation since being on the no call list (just the odd completely illegal scams)

Yet it’s still legal for investment companies to harass me every day and eat up my limited talk minutes that I pay for. There was some smart dude who found a way to send them a bill for the time. Man I wish I could figure out how to do that
Old 09-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

During the first few months of the pandemic I was getting phone calls that were just Chiense recordings.

I was on a walk when I got the first one and was like hoping if it was translated it'd say: "Hello. Please seek shelter. An attack is inbound. Repeat. If you can understand this message, Please seek shelter. An attack is inbound."

edit: changed thinking to hoping.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-10-2021 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-14-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Lol almost 50% of people behind on rent think they are going to get evicted in the next two months according to the newest US Census Bureau Poll.

20% of people behind on mortgage think they are going to get foreclosed on in the next two months.

What's crazy about the foreclosure results is 17% of people polled haven't paid their mortgage in 8 months or more. And the vast majority of those people DO NOT think the bank will foreclose on their home. ...In other words, 63% of people 8+ months behind on mortgage don't think they have anything to worry about.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

I cant wait to watch the Big Short 2
Old 09-14-2021, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make Airbnb illegal, that would help. My house in Utah is $800 a night during ski season
Is it in park city? That seems pretty cheap if so. I’d rent it out from you lol
Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant wait to watch the Big Short 2
Hmm I might add a scene from that to my favorite movie scenes

There appears to be a housing bubble in my state but my state is a terrible example to use for the nation

Phoenix is one of the fastest growing countries in the entire USA due to all the Californians (and apparently to a lesser degree New Yorkers) fleeing their state to mine

Supposing Housing bubbles in general are cyclical, so a bust is coming. I don’t foresee another identical big short situation since the last one was built around predatory lending practices that aren’t being done today, such as qualifying people for mortgages they never should have qualified for
Old 09-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phoenix is one of the fastest growing countries in the entire USA due to all the Californians (and apparently to a lesser degree New Yorkers) fleeing their state to mine
This is the BIGGEST red flag for me that we are in a bubble.

Why anyone would move to phoenix is beyond me. Why SO MANY people would move t phoenix that the housing prices skyrocket, is as suspicious as Maricopa county is to Nirgon.

I mean who in the world is like, "I need a better life, I know, Ill move where its 120 half the year and almost everyone tries to get into at least 1 fight a day."

No way. It's a bubble just like Florida was in 2008.

Also, no offence for those of you that chose to live inside the devils anus I just dont think that it makes sense that there are enough of yo out there to flood the market! If there are, then that is a sign of a coming collapse too so win win for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Old 09-14-2021, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is the BIGGEST red flag for me that we are in a bubble.

Why anyone would move to phoenix is beyond me. Why SO MANY people would move t phoenix that the housing prices skyrocket, is as suspicious as Maricopa county is to Nirgon.

I mean who in the world is like, "I need a better life, I know, Ill move where its 120 half the year and almost everyone tries to get into at least 1 fight a day."

No way. It's a bubble just like Florida was in 2008.

Also, no offence for those of you that chose to live inside the devils anus I just dont think that it makes sense that there are enough of yo out there to flood the market! If there are, then that is a sign of a coming collapse too so win win for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you’re born there and it’s all you’ve known is no big deal. But ya it’s a shock to the point of killing people unprepared for it

It’s only completely brutal for these months (ex: it’s like 105 still out now in September), but around Halloween to spring it’s really nice out

We have a low cost of living too which is attractive for some. Although I get the same breakfast foods (always takeout at work) for years so I have memorized the prices, and those have all gone up 1-1.5$ in the past few weeks

This restaurant that I’ve been getting breakfast at for years was the only one to tell me since I’m friends with the owner. She said “sorry we gotta charge you $1.00 more, we’ve had to raised prices or we’d go out of business. Meat costs like 5 times what it used to now”

So cost of living going up. I just got a 6% raise and it’s barely covering it