Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're talking about this, I flagged that account along with flagging my own account and apparently decided to flag those accounts with my 3 different IPs.

Ephi cleared Eccezan and then pushed my problem up to Rogean, who as far as I know never even looked at it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words, like I said, rules need to be enforced properly or eliminated all together. If you're going to ban one person for 2 boxing/exploiting and then turn around and let another player walk with a warning, you're already sending the wrong message to the players.
I'm just talking about rules going unenforced in general, or being "half" enforced. Shit needs to stop, or change, or something. There are folks on this server continually getting away with breaking the rules while others are banned instantly, how is this fair? Also, how are these folks evading the ban hammer?

For instance, how is Jeremy not banned when that fellow who tiggles' caught boxing was banned? They both essentially were using their IP exemptions to gain an unfair advantage over those of us who follow the rules. Rules need to be enforced fairly across the board, or not enforced at all.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manguadi isn't in FE anymore, and he controlled Xeli.

Duct tape? lol atleast we don't use 3rd party auto-fire programs like certain members of TMO.

Actually you did... that is the Duct Tape joke... lol Also, no TMO has used Autofire.

Eccezan may not have used MQ, but one of his accounts was flagged and never banned, which is far from fair to the other folks who's accounts WERE banned for being flagged (regardless of whether they used or not)

Ecc didn't use MQ is was provenWho are you saying is banned and didnt use MQ? Derp
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm just talking about rules going unenforced in general, or being "half" enforced. Shit needs to stop, or change, or something. There are folks on this server continually getting away with breaking the rules while others are banned instantly, how is this fair? Also, how are these folks evading the ban hammer?

For instance, how is Jeremy not banned when that fellow who tiggles' caught boxing was banned? They both essentially were using their IP exemptions to gain an unfair advantage over those of us who follow the rules. Rules need to be enforced fairly across the board, or not enforced at all.
Well, they have known (it was well known during the IB/VD vs TMO war) that IP exemptions let you log in without getting that "Please wait for whatever the fuck reason" message. Basically giving you a few second advantage in a game where milliseconds count.

They never banned anyone for doing it before and I don't know why they kept giving out IP exemptions for that shit (people were putting in exemptions left and right for it).

However, 2 boxing has always been one of the most harsh punishments on p99, so blatantly doing that is a sure fire way to get banned. Jeremy can attest to that.

As far as rule enforcement went, I think it's pretty obvious that each GM enforces the rules to how they want and not really a "by the book" deal. It's what you get when your work force does it for a hobby and not a check, no real incentive to not make friends or play favorites.

I mean, look at my petition to get that MQ flag stuff resolved. I never used the shit and even had Ambrotos state he knew I would never use it, yet it never went anywhere. G13'd the shit out of my petition lol.

Now I've seen other people in the past who got to deal with other staff members get their stuff lifted in no time. Just the way it goes.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

You people ruined this server. Fuck every single one of you. Have a nice day.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 09-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Banned

Theres too much work for the GMs to be perfect with dealing with cheaters. I cant imagine how much work they put in with everything, including investigating cheaters. They cant get everyone and spend time for a thorough research on all the petitions (i think). Theyre doing a pretty good job we should be thankful for what they do.

The server runs great and it gives all of us exactly what we want. A pretty much classic eq. You cant expect them to catch every cheater and you cant say "well, get them all or get none". Thats silly
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Kobold

Well this thread done gone to hell. So much for intelligent discourse...

RNF or bust!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

I just think you gotta have a clear set of rules that is enforced fairly for all people/guilds regardless of their standing on the server. That is something this server lacks as GMs rulings/decisions are different from gm to gm and case by case. If you have set rules that are enforced for everyone, there is no "wiggle room" so to speak. By that I mean that it would be easier to enforce the rules if they weren't ever-changing, and less cheaters/exploiters would get away with their infractions.

People may not realize how often the rules we have are broken, or how seldom those caught red handed are actually punished. I mean for christs sake bouncerr still plays here, jeremy has been.caught 2 boxing/ ip exemption exploiting numerous times, and accounts which were previously mq flagged/rmt are still unbanned/in use. When will we actually have some integrity on p99?

Ps I'm just talking about the obvious shit like exploiting, hacking, and 2 boxing. There are fuckloads of other shitheads who do grimy shit like train, ks, kite raid mobs, etc who continue doing so because they have no fear of being banned or having their toon deleted
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Banned

And plenty of people who dont get caught and that GMs probally womtmcatch
Closed Thread