Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Camp rules question relating to mobs in eyesight

Hello all! I had a quick question about camp disputes. A GM named Eunomia told a group I was in if a camp is in dispute, the camp becomes mobs within eyesight, with the group who was there first having the first pick in which camp to take.

I was in Mistmoore with a newly started group, and based on this information I started pulling mobs from the gorge out of eyesight from the pond, which was being camped. The group obviously got mad and said the gorge was included within the pond. However, this goes against the eyesight rule.

I didn't want to make them mad so I stopped. Is the eyesight thing a case by case ruling or more standard?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

It's not an established rule, but one made at her discretion to settle a single dispute. Definitely don't claim the eyesight 'rule' in places like KC or seafury isle, haha..

Taken from the Play Nice Policy stickied at the top of server chat:
"Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis"

There used to be a "Camps, Defined" post by.. xzerion i think somewhere, but I can't find it. That would've had all the original info you needed. Though I guess it's now more of a guide then a rulebook? Maybe someone else has the link. Just be respectful to each other and especially the GMs!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

I see. Kind of wish they had more defined rules on the matter, makes it hard to figure out where camp lines are and whos conning you or not hehe
Old 06-24-2014, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

More defined rules does not equate to "Better". In this case, less is more. If there are 3 groups in an area of dispute, when CS shows up to settle the matter, expect the area to be evenly divided. Neither here nor on EQ live has there ever been a recognized and established "camp" rule set. Camps are a subjective construct of the playerbase and generally are respected. What constitutes a "camp" may change on a monthly, daily, weekly, or even hourly basis.

Moral of the story: play nice with each other. If, when a GM settles this dispute, nobody is happy ... I'd argue that GM made the right decision. You can't please everyone.

Play nice.

As annoying as camp disputes are, as someone who played on live off and on over the last 14+ years I can tell you that the minute they got away from open zones, camp disputes, and moved to instanced content ... EQ started to die. Relish the inconvenience. It makes for a better game and better community at the end of the day as long as you don't dive into the realm of poopsocking the same camp 24/7 for high priced sellables.
Last edited by Troxx; 06-24-2014 at 02:37 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not grumbling about that, I've been playing EQ since 1999 hehe. It's simply more difficult at times to XP with p1999 because there's only 1 server. Again not grumbling about that either, I am in the game industry and I understand the awesome work and dedication these guys put into this EMU, its truly amazing.

But the downside to 1 server is you cannot switch to another, and if you don't have alts with dynamic level ranges its a problem. Having a few more solid rules would simply allow more people in popular zones to play at one time. Yes less xp for all sucks but not being able to play at all can suck more.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

If you're having problems finding camps in any given zone (assuming they aren't being monopolized by power levelers), that is a GOOD thing. I've only been here a few weeks but I haven't seen that kind of crowded-ness in any zone yet, but I do remember way back on the live servers where in some zones (guk, solb, KC etc) where there were groups squatting in every conceivable area within these zones and wait lists for each of them. While it might suck waiting for your spot in a group or waiting on respawns ... that's a small price to play for a server with a strong healthy population.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all! I had a quick question about camp disputes. A GM named Eunomia told a group I was in if a camp is in dispute, the camp becomes mobs within eyesight, with the group who was there first having the first pick in which camp to take.

I was in Mistmoore with a newly started group, and based on this information I started pulling mobs from the gorge out of eyesight from the pond, which was being camped. The group obviously got mad and said the gorge was included within the pond. However, this goes against the eyesight rule.

I didn't want to make them mad so I stopped. Is the eyesight thing a case by case ruling or more standard?
Don't listne to them. On higher population servers you think pond could claim everything like that? Hell I've camped that spot just arond the corner from pond/behind the castle, had threats of reports all day.. never got so much as a tell from a guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not grumbling about that, I've been playing EQ since 1999 hehe. It's simply more difficult at times to XP with p1999 because there's only 1 server. Again not grumbling about that either, I am in the game industry and I understand the awesome work and dedication these guys put into this EMU, its truly amazing.

But the downside to 1 server is you cannot switch to another, and if you don't have alts with dynamic level ranges its a problem. Having a few more solid rules would simply allow more people in popular zones to play at one time. Yes less xp for all sucks but not being able to play at all can suck more.
there are 2 servers.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for the more reasonable response[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And Yes there are 2, but I meant multiple servers of the same kind. Never really enjoyed the red servers in EQ.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

The canyon between pond and graveyard is FFA Spot. This came up years ago and am roots chimed in saying it was fFA. I too had threats about it being included in pond camp by some inglorious basterd nerd a couple weeks ago saying how I was going to get banned by a gm for pulling from there and that someone prior to me got kicked. I laughed and continued to pull from there, wish I took screenshots the guy was pretty funny
Closed Thread