Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned

Default An Addled Mind (Original short story)

It’s the moments in-between moments where a person can find profound truths about themselves, an understanding so fragile that even thinking to reach out a hand for it scatters it to dust...

As the computer flashed from desktop to Everquest loading screen, he caught a reflection of himself in the momentary blackness of the monitor. In this moment in-between moments, his soul screamed to him, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS". The unblinking eyes that stared back at him from the monitor held a sadness he could not explain. Neckbearded, overweight, unkempt, glistening in sweat, his trance was snapped by the sudden light of the login screen. Unable to comprehend what had happened, he put on his head phones.

**Dun Dun Dun Dundun Dun Dun Dun Dundun Dun Dun Dun**

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

He had left Youtube playing while he went on his weekly supply run to the gas station.

Throwing his headphones to the ground, Kekephee buried his head into his hands and began weeping. Finally he looked up at his clock, the tracks of his tears fresh on his unwashed face – 4:12 AM. It was his turn to track Faydedar. Only 13 hours left in window, not long now…Not long at all...

Holding his picture of Kim Jong-Il in one hand, he found the courage to look up at the character select screen. He could not help but convulse in delight with what he saw staring back at him.

Kekephee <Bregan D'Aerth>
Level 60 Bard
Ocean of tears

"Time to get immersed" he thought to himself as he quivered with joy
Old 12-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Tekilya has a crush on me, but the sad thing is he doesn't love me, he only loves this idea of me that he's created in his mind

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Goog poste
Old 12-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tekilya has a crush on me, but the sad thing is he doesn't love me, he only loves this idea of me that he's created in his mind
Kekephee the psychiatrist here to diagnose the good folks of RnF. Show tits or GTFO

the only thing I "crush" is the dreams of BDA Dragon loot. BA-ZING!
Old 12-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the computer flashed from desktop to Everquest loading screen, he caught a reflection of himself in the momentary blackness of the monitor. In this moment in-between moments, his soul screamed to him, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS". The unblinking eyes that stared back at him from the monitor held a sadness he could not explain. Neckbearded, overweight, unkempt, glistening in sweat, his trance was snapped by the sudden light of the login screen. Unable to comprehend what had happened, he put on his head phones.
Out of the mouth of retards, all ye unrepentant shall know truth. Pras to this stroke of artistry
Old 12-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stroke
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread