Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

For leveling after 35, make sure you check the ZEM page - stands for Zone Experience Modifier. Both upper guk and Sol A have very high modifiers, while L guk and Sol B have normal ones similar to outdoor zones. A lot of people aren't aware of this and shun outdoor zones, leaving lots of mobs available.

Giants in Frontier Mountains, or any mobs in Iceclad Ocean or The Great Divide are good spots for a monk to solo at 35. Tower of Frozen Shadow is a good spot as well at around 40, you could possibly solo on the third floor and get fantastic duos going with shamans. Yetis in Dreadlands can be boring but have insanely low HP, and can make levels 39-45 fly by. Also the brutes in the cave leading into Dalnir in Warsliks Woods is a good spot for I think level 30-35 or so.

I love grouping and would always take breaks during these levels to go get a group in a dungeon, but in my experience the xp was always significantly slower in dungeons compared to soloing or starting duos/trios at open camps or in outdoor zones with plenty of mobs
Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupitaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man, what level are the guards. I could use the money. Are the vendors friendly with iksar? And for the bank you just FD around the wall just in range right?

Any HHK tips will be helpful,

Thanks Lamil
So to bank or sell you just FD behind the merchant or banker and then sneak. Once it is successful stand up and you can sell and or bank. Just watch for the roaming Captain. I usually just train to behind the banker and FD. wait for the guards and stuff to reset and then sneak/bank. HHK was made for Monks
Old 02-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

bind beside the enc merchant, its away from any mobs or train lines. one weak guard at the door of the room, lvl 24 mob i think

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Orc

Update: I dinged 25 and sucessfully entered HHK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. So many guards were red to me though, the named ones especially. How can you efficiently kill guards there without getting wrecked by a named??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to bank or sell you just FD behind the merchant or banker and then sneak. Once it is successful stand up and you can sell and or bank. Just watch for the roaming Captain. I usually just train to behind the banker and FD. wait for the guards and stuff to reset and then sneak/bank. HHK was made for Monks
Will the captain see through my FD or something? Havent see him yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bind beside the enc merchant, its away from any mobs or train lines. one weak guard at the door of the room, lvl 24 mob i think
Is that upstairs? I'm new to the zone, maybe the wiki has the location
Old 02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

You have to do Goblins first. then move to guards after some lvls. No the captain can't see through FD but when you stand up he can path back while you are banking so be careful. But even doing goblins is fast xp and decent loot if you sell the ears to players.

The enc merchant Blonde is talking about is after you zone in head to the left I believe. In the first courtyard
Old 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to do Goblins first. then move to guards after some lvls. No the captain can't see through FD but when you stand up he can path back while you are banking so be careful. But even doing goblins is fast xp and decent loot if you sell the ears to players.

The enc merchant Blonde is talking about is after you zone in head to the left I believe. In the first courtyard
Ah I see. Well i'm saving for a haste item based on recommendations here. So i'll end up selling the ears and as much loot as possible, I hope the guards help too. 1500 pp left until SCHW.

This zone seems amazing haha. Any other random tips for here?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

after that zone I think I did SolA gnomes. They are single pull and pretty easy. Drop some stuff and you can sell at the druid rings in Lavastorm.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

erm no....

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tarn_Visilin

is who am talkin about,

at 25 there are 3/4 killable guards, but unless your well twinked, it will be a real uphill stuggle....also a bard at entrance you can kill, bad plan if you arent an evil race tbh.

you need a way to get past the first 2 guards...fd or invis. they will mince your ass!
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Duras & http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Rance

if you do go kos or are an evil race dont blunder about upstairs, multiple lvl 40 mobs will rip you apart in seconds! do recons on non kos toons....

temp haste item to look into:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Swiftclaw_Sash

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 02-03-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

I always preferred to bind at the entrance so you can easily zone if need be. To each their own I suppose. And it says in his sig he's an iksar so he's going to be killing the bard because she's easy.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

If you get to 35 on goblins you should be able to stay in HHK and do guards then nobles all the way to 52-55ish depending on your preference. Been a while since I did it but I believe the 2nd floor guards were all blue to me at 37 and manageable. That was as a human monk with little more than cloth gear other than an IFS and hp rings. So I would think 35 would be plenty strong for that with iksar regen.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread