Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

hey bomaroast, Im trying to figure out what this floating vault thing is, did the Chernobyle guy make it and he's dead now (35 years later?) the colonists are like, the foundation, which I thought were like, his cult?

But this floating vault thing, is it his? Is he not alive 35 years later when those kids were playing plant the flag?

IM just trying to figure out is it alien or like how could he have built it, it'd be like, just 10 years old and the colonists are like, WOWowwwoWW! what IS it?! its like duh you came there for him?

Maybe I have no idea what is going on...
Old 10-23-2021, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Ok botton you’re right like every character is a bad ass woman lol but at least they don’t talk like they’re in Picard
Old 10-23-2021, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey bomaroast, Im trying to figure out what this floating vault thing is, did the Chernobyle guy make it and he's dead now (35 years later?) the colonists are like, the foundation, which I thought were like, his cult?

But this floating vault thing, is it his? Is he not alive 35 years later when those kids were playing plant the flag?

IM just trying to figure out is it alien or like how could he have built it, it'd be like, just 10 years old and the colonists are like, WOWowwwoWW! what IS it?! its like duh you came there for him?

Maybe I have no idea what is going on...
What part of the Dune movie was this? I must have missed this part of the Dune movie that we're talking about in this Dune movie thread.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Also, I watched Dune last weekend. Enjoyed it and looking forward to part 2.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

ive derailed the thread into a foundation thread for the moment.

so heres what just happened to me, stupid friggen plex skipped episode 2 and played episode 3 no wonder I was so confused! They like, almost segued into each other perfectly, only nothing made sense suddenly lol
Old 10-23-2021, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive derailed the thread into a foundation thread for the moment.

so heres what just happened to me, stupid friggen plex skipped episode 2 and played episode 3 no wonder I was so confused! They like, almost segued into each other perfectly, only nothing made sense suddenly lol
I can understand your confusion. Dune part 2 isn't out yet and there are no plans for a part 3 as far as I'm aware.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Banned

It sounds like u don't even need to go outside to live Asimovs story.

Turn on the TV and then watch as the rich and corrupt grab every story. Every name. Every trademark. Every copyright. And control Everything you see all the while feasting on our rotten corpses.

At least super star destroyers make for excellent DLC.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

We're gonna die. Nothing else matters.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:32 AM
Banned

Bake some cookies.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
music was 7/10
I hate music in movies. What am I watching, some opera or a musical?

When you rely on music to tell the audience how to feel you're telling your audience that they are either too stupid to know how to feel because it's hard to understand great artists like yourself, or that your art is so weak that you need that explanation.

You see an army charging into battle and there's this loud score rising telling you omg look at all these guys this is very important and brave and exciting because the direction and cinematography and editing can't do it. It's a mask for mediocrity.

Whenever I hear music in a movie I'm like who the fuck is playing a violin in this bunker? It's all soldiers here. Have one play a damn harmonica for chrissake.
Closed Thread