Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Banned

I hear they had to freeze all transactions and roll it back.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear they had to freeze all transactions and roll it back.
Huh?
Old 10-23-2021, 02:09 PM
Banned

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam..._got_max_gold/

GOLD DUPE, game must rollback people got max gold on multiple chars.
Discussion
https://forums.newworld.com/t/gold-d...-post-2/431314

This is not a small exploit, it is the most horrible thing that can happen in MMO.

There is no point in playing this game anymore without rollbacks, people can buy all the 600gs gear they want.

lewl

happens with every new mmo

really we should have just legalized mmo money traiding and treat it like global currency and let the swat teams and atf sort out the illegitimate sellers so we can have another black market

bezos is cashing in of course anyway

Quote:
aphonefriend
·
2d
There are already individuals admitting to abusing this bug and sending 500k gold to every one in their faction. Then there are others standing in the middle of Windsward sending money to everyone who passes from the other faction in hopes of getting them banned.

Then we have people laundering the money through the Trading Post, buying up every single crafting item, then using those items to max out their crafts to 200. Which is also causing legitimate (non bug abusers) to be selling .01-.05 materials for upwards of a 100 gold a piece. Some people may not even realize they are now sitting on hoards of duped gold.

Not to mention each one of those transactions is sending loads of duped gold through the tax systems. Don't even get me started on how many gold sellers are going to be abusing this and stacking thousands of accounts with laundered money that may not be traceable, tanking the price of RMTs which will cause months if not years of economy problems. Even after this "exploit" is fixed, millions of gold will go untraceable without a rollback. And that number is growing by the minute. This exploit first surfaced over 8 hours ago now and the only communication has been that a "few" individuals that were effected will be punished.

Shut the servers down. Stop the transfers. Roll it back. Fix the bugs.
terrible game how can you literally have millions of dollars yet not produce a game properly?

these people do not deserve to own companies and have millions of dollars
Old 10-23-2021, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
terrible game how can you literally have millions of dollars yet not produce a game properly?

Are you going to cry?
Old 10-24-2021, 10:47 AM
Banned

already have u have no idea how much i have cried b4 this game even and since, i water my plants with my tears and they all die and i cry more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
already have u have no idea how much i have cried b4 this game even and since, i water my plants with my tears and they all die and i cry more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its the salt, poor plants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 06:01 PM
Kobold

I have been playing it. Mind you, I started on p99 in 2012. New world came about while I wasn't playing p99 too much, and it looked like fun. (I am sure I will always come back to p99 here, nothing like it).

So far as for New World, I am enjoying it. It has a lot of attributes that are appealing to me... Groups need a dedicated healer, and a dedicated tank (For me, MMOs where a dedicated healer isn't needed I do not like). I do love I often see calls like DPS needed.. Tank needed healer needed at such and such.

Crafting his very immersive. Reminds me of eq2 - a lot of things to make, and you can decorate your house etc. Lots of collections (journals and lore to collect) And I do love you XP from crafting too. You actually get XP from about everything, from PVP, to doing quests, to leveling.

I think one of my favorite MMOs aside from EQ was DAOC.. and this also reminds me of that... DAOC was RVR (realm vs realm) and you had the Hibernerians (elves etc), Midgard (trolls etc) and the Albion (humans etc) against one another and in that game, you had to go out into the "fields/realm" per se for RVR and protect and defend keeps. I remember I was a smith and a cleric and would have to go out to repair the keeps and armor to keep all the kobods from breaking in and taking over.

Here in New World there are 3 factions ( Syndicate (purple), Mauraders (green) and Covenent (yellow) Sometimes they are referred to as colors ). I joined Syndicate on my server, and it seems to be the underdog there, but overall, not one dominating faction. It started out pretty equal between the 3 factions. All day yesterday I kept seeing all the chatter in the faction for help, which was awesome. I am just a lowly level so I cannot wait to get out there to help with that.

I think that has been actually the drawback for me so far.. I want more grouping and community (I have been spoiled by eq). So there isn't as much PVE for me yet- but I see a lot of messages needing healers ( and dps, tank etc). I think what is holding me back on that is I took a lot time to join a faction, and since the mechanics and gameplay are so different for me, I have been trying to learn before I go out and am responsible for a group's life. In eq, you are healing others from early on, but here it is so easy to solo.

I think more of a community for me will come about as I learn more, level up and can take part in more of the factions fights and such as well as the PVE, because that really appeals to me (social aspect, healing etc)

On that note, healing is a whole new thing to me. It has been a bit of a learning curve.. I still see people say things in ooc like they are so lost in the game etc. If you aren't used to it, it is definitely a new thing to learn. For example, and some may laugh at this and may be a "duh!" for some.. You get 3 abilities depending on how you spec as a healer (for one of your weapons, that is). And one of my heals is an AE, and where you aim on the ground when you hit it is where the "center," of it is. It took me so long to figure how/why this heal was landing- lol I was in a city and I would accidentally hit it in the middle of the crafting station (lol whoops).. So once I learned that, it was cake on how to best use that ability. But all these new little things that may be normal in other MMOs is new for me. Who knows, maybe I just need more coffee... lol But I tend to be neurotic and play too much, so I am sure I will one day master it all. haha

So far, it has drawn me in and many nights I do feel like playing it (over p99) but that also could be I was not having such a good time my last few times on p99 - so not fault of either game. But in New World, I am wanting more of the community and social aspect. But, that will hopefully come in time as I level up more and can really immerse myself in the factions and such (and feel confident in healing). I keep seeing all the chatter in the faction of needing help, needing heals.. and going to the fort to help and sounds like so much fun!

PS not many female clothing to choose from (hopefully that changes).. You know, the fashionquest thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Right now my char is taking on the looks of a pirate!

Here are some screenshots - hope these do not come out ginormous. You can also read some of the community chatter on the left.

My char, running around questing.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lots of people everywhere, and lots of messages for groups/heals/dps etc This is in one of the towns my faction has control of near crafting stations.

Best fishing in any MMO I have found yet (I am in a lake here under the moonlight)

Here I am climbing cliffs looking for ore nodes to make a weapon. The weapon with the orb on the end is the life staff, and that is tied into being a healer (your abilities and such are depending on which weapon you choose). My other weapon is an ice gauntlet (on hand) and with that I can CC, regen more mana and help with the fight in other ways.

God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.
Last edited by Ataria; 10-24-2021 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: adding
Old 10-24-2021, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Discussion

This is not a small exploit, it is the most horrible thing that can happen in MMO.

There is no point in playing this game anymore without rollbacks, people can buy all the 600gs gear they want.

lewl

really we should have just legalized mmo money traiding and treat it like global currency and let the swat teams and atf sort out the illegitimate sellers so we can have another black market

😎
Old 10-24-2021, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
��
Yeah, that sucks. Will be interesting to see what action (if any) they take.

God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Discussion

lewl

Ok, so the gold dupe exploit was possible due to a very small number of players becoming bugged during the server transfer process. Nobody but those bugged players could do it. Devs already responded to this. They have logs of all of it. All duped gold deleted and the people exploiting this ate bans. It's already been resolved and was within like a day of it happening. No rollback was necessary.

You're trying really hard to shit on this game. What else you got?