Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Old 10-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate music in movies. What am I watching, some opera or a musical?

When you rely on music to tell the audience how to feel you're telling your audience that they are either too stupid to know how to feel because it's hard to understand great artists like yourself, or that your art is so weak that you need that explanation.

You see an army charging into battle and there's this loud score rising telling you omg look at all these guys this is very important and brave and exciting because the direction and cinematography and editing can't do it. It's a mask for mediocrity.

Whenever I hear music in a movie I'm like who the fuck is playing a violin in this bunker? It's all soldiers here. Have one play a damn harmonica for chrissake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-F...el=VoiceBender

imagine watching an intense scene in pirates of the Caribbean where the main

character is getting chased

and all we hear are footsteps
Old 10-24-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

does kynes char genderswap independent wymn ruin the film
SrS Q
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00 AM
Banned

i like movie music as it results in really good movie soundtracks/scores tho silence can be golden and realistic and should be appropriately used form time to time

i think everyohne either ither super str8 or purely homosexual 2 answer ur Q'ing chortles
Old 10-24-2021, 01:07 PM
Banned

You do not get to have an opinion on the adaptation unless you have read the source material.

Rated 2/10. Needs more filter and dune-versity
Old 10-24-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do not get to have an opinion on the adaptation unless you have read the source material.

Rated 2/10. Needs more filter and dune-versity
You have to at least admit the cinematography, score, and acting was fantastic! I’d even go as far to say that the CGI and costume design was top-notch.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-24-2021, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

if those are the things you're into skarne try foundation, I agree it's getting a little annoying story wise but the cinematography, and sets and music are still awesome!
Old 10-24-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if those are the things you're into skarne try foundation, I agree it's getting a little annoying story wise but the cinematography, and sets and music are still awesome!
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll check that out and watch it tonight.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-25-2021, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

I'm a big fun fan and I fell asleep during the movie.

I kept thinking "gosh dang they've got a lot of material to cover and it feels like it's already been 3 hours"

Legitimately I don't know how they made a movie longer than other dune films with almost zero content at all.

All back grounds were just like a flat grey thing with people on them??? I never even knew paul was inside what was supposed to be his bedchambers when he caught the mosquito bug and killed it. No time spent establishing them as living on arakis at all.

Really sterilized and lacking in basically everything.

Music was cool and the music video feeling of the movie was nice but I really am blown away that there could be no character development in a movie so long that progresses 1/3 the length of the first two dune films.

Bareley any time with Gurney, Duncan, Yueh. We've got no concept of anything.

Multiple helicoptor scenes back to back. Dad with helicoptor, mom and paul escaping on helicoptor, talking to duncan, and then suddenly needing to escape via helicopter again. I was just like ?? ?? Then once they escaped via helicoptor the final time there was like no desert traveling with paul and his mom they didn't even have stillsuits on then they show up at the sietch and fight? I'm totally blown away.

Hoping for a super duper directors cut with tons of voiceovers and scenes to make this music video into an actual film.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big fun fan and I fell asleep during the movie.

I kept thinking "gosh dang they've got a lot of material to cover and it feels like it's already been 3 hours"

Legitimately I don't know how they made a movie longer than other dune films with almost zero content at all.

All back grounds were just like a flat grey thing with people on them??? I never even knew paul was inside what was supposed to be his bedchambers when he caught the mosquito bug and killed it. No time spent establishing them as living on arakis at all.

Really sterilized and lacking in basically everything.

Music was cool and the music video feeling of the movie was nice but I really am blown away that there could be no character development in a movie so long that progresses 1/3 the length of the first two dune films.

Bareley any time with Gurney, Duncan, Yueh. We've got no concept of anything.

Multiple helicoptor scenes back to back. Dad with helicoptor, mom and paul escaping on helicoptor, talking to duncan, and then suddenly needing to escape via helicopter again. I was just like ?? ?? Then once they escaped via helicoptor the final time there was like no desert traveling with paul and his mom they didn't even have stillsuits on then they show up at the sietch and fight? I'm totally blown away.

Hoping for a super duper directors cut with tons of voiceovers and scenes to make this music video into an actual film.
yeah it was alright, I got a little bored in the middle because DUNE is just, you know,

boring as shit sometimes. But overall it was a pretty great film.
Closed Thread