Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 02:42 PM
Banned

I'm not really upset with the normies for not jumping on the Chappelle special. But I am pretty annoyed almost the entire leftwing media wouldn't just call it transphobic and explain why.

I mean this is an example of your typical leftwing coverage of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paqOgvzErkw

The only people that came out against the material were the black intellectuals for some reason. That and a few transgender people. Most everyone else wanted to smoke screen the whole thing with caricatures of cancel culture and activists going too far.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the truth is Dave's set's about trans are a bit dated and cringe. But, I dont care enough to make it an issue. I say just stop laughing at those jokes, stop reacting to them, and he'll stop telling them.
Anyone punching down towards transgender is a flaccid bitch of a man, or a capitalist.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

If there is one thing I can promise you it's if you're on the left because you honestly feel empathy towards people, you're not going to like the way the establishment goes about doing things.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comedy is a double edged sword I think.

Basically the way I see it is, comedians represent the coolest, or smartest people in the room, and they translate observations about how dumb everyone is into hilarious jokes that you feel cool for recognizing.

But when comedy gets a little stale, the listener is like, uh, pretty cringe bro..

And the truth is Dave's set's about trans are a bit dated and cringe. But, I dont care enough to make it an issue. I say just stop laughing at those jokes, stop reacting to them, and he'll stop telling them.

These guys get up on stage for months, changing, re-writing, deleting jokes, based on how much the audience reacts/laughs at them.
But it's not dated though, this issue is extremely contemporary. And the audience seems to really enjoy it, judging by the rotten tomatoes audience score, which is overwhelmingly positive for both the latest and the previous special. You can't just "stop laughing" at something if you think it's funny. That's one of the most honest things about comedy, laughing is involuntary. It's kind of out of your hands what you do or don't laugh at.

The latest special is extremely pro-trans, that's the great irony in people accusing him of being some huge bigot. He's demonstrating that it's possible to make fun of something without hating that thing. If people take offense to it, that is their issue to sort out.

He's just playfully ribbing the trans community like he would for any other community, it's just that the trans community tends to be very reactionary. Can you think of an example of a "trans joke" that would be acceptable to the entire trans community? Somebody's feelings will be hurt, just as been the case for any topic in the entire history of comedy. His point is that the trans community shouldn't be an exception, because there are no exceptions, because you should be able to joke about anything. Levity is one of the few precious things we have in this wretched life.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone punching down towards transgender is a flaccid bitch of a man, or a capitalist.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Kinda like you guys bullies that transgender who got banned. Pretty sad you have to do that to a transgender, very sad.

Mushroom dick bois won though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Typical kek degenerate shit.

Haha. Ok that's enough comedy for today.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's not dated though, this issue is extremely contemporary. And the audience seems to really enjoy it, judging by the rotten tomatoes audience score, which is overwhelmingly positive for both the latest and the previous special. You can't just "stop laughing" at something if you think it's funny. That's one of the most honest things about comedy, laughing is involuntary. It's kind of out of your hands what you do or don't laugh at.

The latest special is extremely pro-trans, that's the great irony in people accusing him of being some huge bigot. He's demonstrating that it's possible to make fun of something without hating that thing. If people take offense to it, that is their issue to sort out.

He's just playfully ribbing the trans community like he would for any other community, it's just that the trans community tends to be very reactionary. Can you think of an example of a "trans joke" that would be acceptable to the entire trans community? Somebody's feelings will be hurt, just as been the case for any topic in the entire history of comedy. His point is that the trans community shouldn't be an exception, because there are no exceptions, because you should be able to joke about anything. Levity is one of the few precious things we have in this wretched life.
you can definitly make any point he wants to make without the trans and if someone wanted to make those points at a party, and use trans as examples, im just telling you that you're going to clear the room unless it's a pretty lame party.

he's basically talking about pretty standard politics but using trans as the tool to do it, may as well be talking about banning trump on twitter.

The big thing we missed was he brought space jews to the masses and that's a big step for the illuminati to break out of the deep sci fi with such a bold topic.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's not dated though.
Because you are a cave man.

Cope this kelps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda like you guys bullies that transgender who got banned. Pretty sad you have to do that to a transgender, very sad.

Mushroom dick bois won though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Typical kek degenerate shit.

Haha. Ok that's enough comedy for today.
that individudal is on a f*****ot word rant jihad for the cause I feel little remorse lol

(not that I have said one thing bad about being trans in 9,130 posts)
Old 10-24-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

If he just left it at the beyond pussy joke and shit like that he would have been fine. There's always a few wackos that get offended by everything. Which unfortunately was a fact weaponized against this whole thing.

It was all that preachy shit about gender is fact, I feel sorry for Rowling (the billionaire white woman), and the blackface reference --

It makes it hard for an objective person over time to look back at that and say "yeah -- whats transphobic about that?"

I think he kind of figured this out -- even though he is raking in the popularity atm.

Not that I would necessarily be some big Chappelle fan if he did it a little better -- but I don't I or anyone else would really give a shit.
Closed Thread