Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! So who do you consider a funny standup these days?
Standup is in a bit of a limbo state i feel, at least for me. Texas and florida type places seem to be the hot spots for standup, but the reason is kind of like taking advantage of things. Most of it is very self harm type of funny which I don't feel is the only good part of standup but it seems the only thing going on.

Kill tony for one, Id say that is "on radar" of what is trending but its a weird dark sort of cringe comedy which seems to be everything today, which I lost interest in a while back... I'll still smile while watching any standup, but it feels almost wrong. Old nostalgic standup is basically all I really watch lately, dave, norm, bill, etc etc..

Old 10-24-2021, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

You just listed all the same mainstream comedians you railed on us for liking lol
Old 10-24-2021, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just listed all the same mainstream comedians you railed on us for liking lol
Bill Burr is def in my top 5
Old 10-24-2021, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you on about, Please. This is some internal narrative you have going.

No where did I say shit about those comedians or any of your liking of them. Trexller started doing their usual right-wing chronic blame against the left, claiming they're a drain on society and shit so I called him a cunt, (Toxigen is also a flaccid cunt for agreeing) then said you all should calm down and that nothing will come of the sjw bs against dave, a cunt got offended that I called someone a cunt.. then unsunghero told me something about how he doesn't know what refrigeration is, the end.

Oh and you brought up Rossanne, who is the definition of a jacked up wacko tobacco smoking lunatic at this point.
Last edited by Shawk; 10-24-2021 at 08:31 PM..
Old 10-24-2021, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a cunt got offended that I called someone a cunt.. then unsunghero told me something about how he doesn't know what refrigeration is, the end.
I really don’t know how refrigerators work, this is true. Does something with electricity…
Old 10-24-2021, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and you brought up Rossanne, who is the definition of a jacked up wacko tobacco smoking lunatic at this point.
Rosanne always sucked but it's messed up that they waited until she was old and can't even stab you with a broken bottle anymore to go after her. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2021, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

What she said sucked but I always liked Roseanne
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-24-2021, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What are you on about, Please. This is some internal narrative you have going.

No where did I say shit about those comedians or any of your liking of them. Trexller started doing their usual right-wing chronic blame against the left, claiming they're a drain on society and shit so I called him a cunt, (Toxigen is also a flaccid cunt for agreeing) then said you all should calm down and that nothing will come of the sjw bs against dave, a cunt got offended that I called someone a cunt.. then unsunghero told me something about how he doesn't know what refrigeration is, the end.

hey you take back what you said about rossanne shes a god damn saint!

the rest i take back.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I really don’t know how refrigerators work, this is true. Does something with electricity…
Refrigeration aka "ac repairmen" is the definition of jack of all trades, it is all encompassing.. If you have 3-4 years in refrigeration then you are basically an electrician, a plumber, a carpenter, a roofer.. They have regulated it a little too much because of how sensitive the roofing/electical part can be but a ticketed refrigeration person is doing an easy $80/hr, x2 if you are a ticketed roofer/electrician as well. It is one of the oldest trades and most respected. A lot of the army/navy in WW1,2 were taught refrigeration because of how pivotal it is to our survival.. If a truck says Hvac, ductless, ducting on it then its refrigeration.. its all refrigeration, I can't think of anything in a grocery store that isn't a job that the refrigeration trade handles, even shelving.. Also, look into a ductless system if you are still using base boards..

Not to mention gas the amount of gas experience you get with refrigeration will have you sitting around $300/hr at some nice ass place if you play your cards right. The electrical side, soldering and micro soldering broken boards is what I like, fixing water damaged boards.. that was a natural progression into micro soldering phones and recovering data which is the big bux.

I like rossanne and she should have never lost her show, but there is a point where someone who is constantly political needs to just shut the fuck up, especially when half the cast you work with are gay and/or heavily left. I wouldn't doubt she was "trapped" into losing that show, but alas.. Shes still a Karen.
Last edited by Shawk; 10-24-2021 at 10:10 PM..
Old 10-24-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

to be fair didnt rossane like say to her uber driver that the world is turning into planet of the apes or something else totally as reasonable.

her show was pretty ok and she was on track to once again tackle some really important social issues.

but then social media was like HURRD URRRURUUUURRR we have NEW social isues and theyre all about making white people feel better for being virtious!

edit: changed great to pretty ok
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-24-2021 at 10:00 PM..
Closed Thread