Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre
I am just making an observation. I just play my lvl 30 enchanter, and I'm fairly decent, and people of course talk about the game as we play.

Not a single person has told me to plan on raiding, or to look forward to it, or to even bother. They have, in fact, told me above all get it out of my head this server is worth anything once you are done just adventuring and doing some exp'ing.

Not a single person. I am assuming some of the people I have played with are alts in the end game, too.

Just an observation. Word of mouth is all bad. Call them haters, call them losers, but I'm actually speaking to the GM's: that is your idea of a server that is going to thrive? One with a reputation of having a completely botched end game?

Because at a certain point, it is not "whining" -- it becomes fact.

Not a single person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(serious note: read a fair amount of this thread, 40 pages is enough for me for now. And there are some good points being made, and I, at least imho, saw some interesting new ideas and potential fixes. Some sort of anti-camp, and zoning, and logging rules for high end guilds on who call this game Farm Hunter, are the only thing that can stop this kind of dead end end game (DEEG) I am guessing. You have to eliminate the fish in barrel lock down they depend on to win. But, in respect to here, I am just going to keep with my simple observation. Not a single player has told me to plan on raiding the end game unless I want what I always ran away from in my almost 10 years of eq1 and 2: massive roster zerg guilds who get mobs strictly because of those two features 1) massive roster 2) zerg.

The Massive Roster Zerg Guild, the MRZG. AKA, what this server has decided to cultivate as its end game scene. Congratulations: the worst guild form eq had to suffer through, and you guys decided, yeah, that's how you pwn!

Very sad, very very sad. Not every classic server was "like this" you know. And no, not "every top player" plays this style. Some of us find it embarrassing.

So, I have no personal problem with the MRZG model, but I would laugh at anyone who said, that is how it's done, or that there is much honor in that. "Players who really know their class" are in these guilds? Maybe. But yer in a MRZG playing an endless game of Farm Hunter. That's not skill, that's min max ocd.

Skilled Advanced Determined and Respectable Enchanters (SADRE's) tend to prefer guilds that have rosters that are nearly equal to their fielded raid force, and still win. Unless, a MRZG is on the server. Then, SADRE's have a much more difficult road to success, because they have to figure out out how to wear down the MRZG That is very hard to do. It requires lengthy brute force domination, usually via an alliance, until the zerg riders and the farm hunters start to drop out from not getting things easy mode. That is my take. Nothing personal.)
I must say, your progress from being a new to the server level 30 enchanter to end game raider with omniscient knowledge of numbers at all raids is very impressive.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must say, your progress from being a new to the server level 30 enchanter to end game raider with omniscient knowledge of numbers at all raids is very impressive.
advancing in ForumQuest is a lot easier than EverQuest
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Classic EQ wasn't about endgame.

I know a lot of people think it was.

People at max level might think ti's.

But make no mistake, it's all about hte journey, not the destination.

Honestly, how many people do you think reached max level back then?

My guess is not very many. I didn't make max level until 2008. Started that character in 2001. First played in 1999. I didn't play very often, but I had the chance to. Bottom line, I enjoyed the journey.

I'll tell you what was fun about classic EQ. It was NEW. It was tough. It was social. We fought together, braving the wilderness. We found meaning in the struggle and held onto each other through the storm.

I finally did my first raiding in either 2007 or 2008, can't recall. But wasn't in a raid guild until late 2009. To be honest, raiding is boring compared to everything else. Too strict and time consuming. BUT it was gratifying. That guild was professional. I admired it. But it was too much for me. I'm a grouper/soloer at heart.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 06-13-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Closed Thread