Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

This is dumb. It seems to be an implication that other guilds are not "gay-friendly."

Publicity stunt.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Playing good cop. As clearly stated in my posts, I've never flamed the Flaming Gaze. I too wish them a plentiful and abundant success.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Kobold

Well wasn't Really hoping for people to be flaming my thread, no pen intended, on here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not really necessary, but it happens!!

Thanks for the wishes guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hoping GMs will have time to create, I know they have been working hard with the server lately ^_^ /applaud

~Leader of <Tears of Prexus>~
Magician of the 2 Seas of Norrath!

~Bearded~
51 Cleric

::::RED 99::::

~Sylvana Whisperwind~
45 Druid

~Yiblaangel~
33 Paladin of Prexus

Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
VIP / Contributor

I'll log on and make this for you. There's been plenty of LGBT guilds, clans, supergroups, cults, whatever, some of you need to accept that someone can say "I'm gay" and be serious.

While i'm on this rant, pride about being LGBT is respected to a point by outsiders. Gone are the days that LGBT people go out and parade. Being in a "LGBT friendly" guild means you don't *have* to be LGBT, you are supportive of their cause. That's what the OP is likely meaning.

While they probably don't have as many members as Uber_Raid_Guild001, I think you are all forgetting that EverQuest was built on community, not on its content and mechanics. If you had WoW come out before EverQuest when Graphical MUDS were first coming out I guarantee EverQuest would have been terrible if not for the fact that community was still strong in 1999 for graphical MUDs and the availability of them. Common interest groups are something that everyone can enjoy within that common interest, and if it wern't for that thriving community you'd resort to common interest bashing like what is happening in this thread.. I wouldn't make fun of 90% of the server population for being fat, unemployed and living in their mothers' basement (again, a stereotype as common as gays), I don't make fun of people for being GBLT because if that's what they want to do, that's their decision and you man up and respect it, just as someone would man up and respect your decision to sit in the basement all day.

Just my 2 cents. IMHO, this is no different than an all-gnome guild, an all-mage guild, or an all-level 1 raid killing Emperor Crush. They are all niche things, and should be respected as such.

Why do I defend the OPs' position? It's because they aren't forcing their position on you, just looking for people with a common interest.

Best of luck with your guild.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

I don't make fun of LGBT's because I live in the SF bay area, and I don't wanna get beat up.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't make fun of LGBT's because I live in the SF bay area, and I don't wanna get beat up.
I say this all the time. A gay man is still a man. Might fuck around and get your ass beat for your mouth. Try explaining that black eye to anyone you might know thats not open minded.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A gay man is still a man.
I wasn't talking about gay men.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't talking about gay men.
I feel uneducated and close minded now. I had to google LGBT. Im a bad person and I thank you Has for bringing it to light now. Im startin with the man in the mirror. Im asking him to change his ways.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know 'bout where you folks live, but around these parts calling someone 'flaming gay' amounts to an insult, and not the friendly kind. I've got nothing against your guild, but if I were you I'd think up a different name.

Danth
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Aviak

Took me a while to figure out what the Tag meant. I lol'd for like 5 mins when i did. Nice work.
Closed Thread