Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default <Misfits of Marr>

This is the official introduction from the Misfits of Marr.

Misfits Of Marr were originally a group of 5 people that are RL friends that also played Classic EQ together on Erollisi Marr. We have since increased our numbers slightly. This is our original guild tag rebooted on P99 and carries great sentimental value for us. We are highly protective of the reputation of our members, fiercely loyal to our guild, and very selective about who we bring into our framily (family of friends). All members are expected to conduct themselves in an adult manner and to adhere to the P99 EULA.

Along the way we do occasionally run into like-minded people that appear to be a good fit. Before extending an invitation to additional members we try to get group time with as many guild members as possible, particularly officers of the guild. 4 officers, in any combination, must approve the new player(s) before an invitation to join will be extended. We use Mumble for voicechat and prefer that you are able to use that for communications, and at the very least be on there to hear what is being said in groups.

If you need something, ask. If no one has it, let's make a plan to go get it. If it's just xp you are after, say so in guild. If we don't already have something going on, usually someone will be more than willing to join you. Let's face it, soloing isn't for everyone and grouping tends to be much more fun. The purpose of this guild is to have like-minded folks to hunt with for full enjoyment of the game as well as the camaraderie.

We are all about the journey of Everquest. We don’t have plans to raid. We dream of epics and settle for orc belts. We keep coming back because of the great people in this game. Our mains are currently in the mid 30’s to lower 40’s now. Our alts are numerous (Watch out for the gnomes, they will surround you and make you tell them stories).

This is who we are and what we are all about. If this is the kind of guild that interests you, please contact Elonwy, Darkknite, Healzyoo, Bleuberry or Telairian for more information.

-Telairian
Old 08-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

The few people I've met (in Runnyeye and Highpass) are good people. Like the name too.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

I was perked but voicechat is a deal breaker.....much luck to you. My interactions with your guild have been positive.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:00 AM
Large Bat

Since you seem to be a fairly small and close knit group, do you have particular play times in which you know there will be several guild members in game?
Old 08-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

i always see you guys in the far reaches of norrath, off the beaten path. bump for legit adventurerers
Old 08-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tunguska, we are on nearly every evening. We span a few time zones but you can usually find us on each night. I'm in CST and usually play from around 7pm to 10pm.

Thanks for the bump Pogs! Crawling through dungeons has been pretty fun as well as very rewarding. It speaks to our "if we don't have it let's go get it" mentality.

-Telairian
Old 09-28-2017, 02:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Had a great time grouping in UGuk! The addition of Mumble, good humor, and some yummy frog legs made a great combo.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Orc

We love to party! Current adventures are ToFS, we mostly own floors 1,3,4,5,6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Large Rat

After trying (and leaving, for various reasons) several guilds, I've finally found one I think I'm likely to stick with in Misfits of Marr.
Mainly, these are folks I enjoy playing EQ with. Presumably the reverse is also true, since I garnered an invite despite my main being lower level and a class (druid) they really didn't need more of.
It's a small guild, where the people behind the characters are important too, without the drama and internal competition of a raid guild, or the poor behavior of an "invite anyone and everyone" public guild.
If you want to get to know some IRL friends to play with, this might be your guild too.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Orc

We are glad to have you Donovan4EQ! We try to get quality members so that everyone has an enjoyable time in game and we all tend to get along really well. That makes it much more fun I think!
Awesome time in ToFS last night by the way. Great job!
Closed Thread