Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't wait to see the flaming that will come. If anyone who had their name changed could please post a before and after for everyone's enjoyment please and thank you.
Old
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

New
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Good work I say, this is a fantasy world some names are just really dumb and obviously breaking the rules and people just do it anyways. You play here free so just follows the rules. I don't think it's that hard.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good work I say, this is a fantasy world some names are just really dumb and obviously breaking the rules and people just do it anyways. You play here free so just follows the rules. I don't think it's that hard.
Please explain how "Winchester" violates any rules or is out of line in a fantasy context. I've had the name for eight years. The surname needed to go, sure, but what is wrong with "Winchester" on its own?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Kobold

You do know that's from a TV show right? I was also talking about the thread in general.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is p1999's naming policy and its enforcement classic? Can anyone provide proof?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhdlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is p1999's naming policy and its enforcement classic? Can anyone provide proof?
This is an EMU server, Rules are as they dictate them. This does not have to be classic. There are a ton of modern issues with online gaming today that would not be covered by 'classic rules'.

FURTHERMORE... People with these joke names were a novalty back in the day. It was uncommon to find people with silly joking names. On modern mmo's it's an epidemic and everyone with these joke names think they're original and funny.

SO you want to bring up classic? These joke names are NOT classic. Especially on the epidemic scale they've been on p99.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-10-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do know that's from a TV show right? I was also talking about the thread in general.
Which is why taking away "Supernatural" is fair (eight years later). But how is "Winchester" on its own with no surname against any policy? What copyright could possibly be claimed for a common last name?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Kobold

I guess if you followed the rules in the first place you'd have Winchester alone as name. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
I guess if you followed the rules in the first place you'd have Winchester alone as name. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So why not remove JUST the surname? Why do I now have be a file compression and archiving tool?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

They should show consistency and promptness in its enforcement. To be clear my name is fine and I always pick names that sound like fantasy ones out of personal preference but have no problem with others names that vaguely resemble irl things. To each their own. It is my opinion that people who were reporting names like stockmarket care a bit too much about things that do not matter.
Closed Thread