Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
alot of people here are like classic this classic that, we are all in our 30s or older. With real lives. We want to experience everquest, not spend 16 hours a day playing everquest to get to the good parts.

In this day and age there is no reason why we shouldnt have quality of life stuff like the TLP has. I want to play classic everquest. Not divorce my wife and leave my kids.
It doesn't matter if you spend 16 hours a day playing everquest, if you're 500 milliseconds slower at running a race, or need 2 extra minutes to organize your raid to train out in ntov, you wont get the mob. That's probably the most unclassic thing about p99. Nobody sat around with a fully formed raid force ready to engage a mob shortly after it spawned, but found themselves unable to do so, because another guild already killed it and everything else. The people ahead of the content curve in classic just hit the level cap faster, and then expansions with more content came out when others caught up, so everybody always had something to do. Obviously that's not going to work here.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never cringed so hard in my life
Why? Did the picture I paint of the no-life neckbeard contingent playing EQ here like it's the Olympics of Autism hit too close to home?

Seriously though, what problem would you realistically have with having one server for raid rules as they exist on Blue and Green ("competitive" lol) and FINALLY AFTER 12 YEARS one gotdamned server that actually caters to players that don't want to make EQ a 2nd full-time job and still progress their character and enjoy the content that they didn't get to:

1) on Live
2) on Blue, and now,
3) on Green?

I mean... fuck, man... what have you got against throwing casual players a bone and letting them have a rotation server after 12 years of Petition Quest raiding on P99? Even if you hate the idea of rotations, then go play on the non-rotation server and let them have fun the way they prefer.

Unless it's one of the three issues I've already mentioned.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-14-2021, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
I mean... fuck, man... what have you got against throwing casual players a bone and letting them have a rotation server after 12 years of Petition Quest raiding on P99?
We already have soft rotations in place: Fear golem races, Serpent draft, RW rolls, and bag limits in tov. What more do YOU want?? How many "bones" do you need without actually competing for them??

P99 is the only competitive semi-classic experience in existence. Quit your bitching and sense of entitlement. No one owes you anything, get off your tired ass and go and get it or don't.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We already have soft rotations in place: Fear golem races, Serpent draft, RW rolls, and bag limits in tov. What more do YOU want?? How many "bones" do you need without actually competing for them??

P99 is the only competitive semi-classic experience in existence. Quit your bitching and sense of entitlement. No one owes you anything, get off your tired ass and go and get it or don't.
PC Gamer Magazine can't review P99 without Journalist Mode, you just want this server to have bad/no press. We need more furry soldiers because that is what classic EQ is all about.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And you would still have it. Again, what is wrong with providing an optional rotation-based server? There is literally no detriment to you. No one is forcing you to play there, you would still have a competitive option.

Talk about entitlement... I'm the one who's entitled? I just want to have fun with my friends, man.

You're the indignant, entitled asshole wanting to deprive an entire demographic of players from having fun because you and others like you have decided for the rest of the server, twice in a row now (Blue and Green), what the barrier of entry is for and earning pixel trinkets on a 22-year-old elf simulator. All because you are afraid your hard-earned 3am batphone pixels will mean less on your competitive server if a casual player can log on in a relaxed fashion at 8pm to raid NTOV with their like-minded friends without some internet bullies dumping trains on them on a rotation server. THAT, my friend, is entitlement.

Each subset of players having their own server does not impact you in any way unless you're worried everyone would flock to the rotation server and leave "competitive" servers empty and desolate, unless you're afraid to actually compete, or if you have some concerns that RMT demand would drop because casuals would be able to get your pixels. So which one is it? Fair question.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, what is wrong with providing an optional rotation-based server?
Very simple, the population is too split up as it is. Only so many people want to play P99 and the experience on both blue and green is suffering due to split attention between those two. Adding yet another is too far, and if you're right and almost everyone chooses the rotational path then at best one of the servers is a waste of resources.

Put an end to seven day respawns and quake it every week. Simulated server maintenance/downtime repops, which was a very classic weekly experience. Every guild gets the opportunity to go after targets without the 16 hour windows.

Three and five day spawns could stay the same for people who just love tracking and racing, if the server comes to rotate those mobs to any degree then so be it.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

What is the point of a blue server if you don’t take turns and play nice?

Any guild on blue and green that refuses to join a rotation schedule should have their members all transferred to red. And then it should be up to the pve guilds themselves to come up with their rotation schedules.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very simple, the population is too split up as it is. Only so many people want to play P99 and the experience on both blue and green is suffering due to split attention between those two. Adding yet another is too far, and if you're right and almost everyone chooses the rotational path then at best one of the servers is a waste of resources.
On the next iteration of P99, if they start another Day 1 server, say Purple, you're going to have people on Blue, Green, and Purple. So if the devs are concerned about splitting the population 3 ways, they roll Green into Blue as originally planned. Now you have Blue+ and Purple.

If they can spend resources also opening Teal just after Green release, they can open rotation server Mauve alongside Purple. Then let the chips fall where they may. If Purple dies out because I'm right and it's only the same 50 neckbeards that have been inflicting the "dominate the entire server with 16 hours of poopsocking and 3am batphones" style of raiding on P99 on the rest of us all along, then merge Purple with Mauve the same way Teal got merged,. From that point forward, the competitive players can no longer dictate to the proven majority of the community what raiding should require.

After all, they've already had their way on Blue and Green for 12 years while gaslighting the rest of us into thinking we're the entitled ones for wanting to share the slide and the swings on what they've declared as their playground.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any guild on blue and green that refuses to join a rotation schedule should have their members all transferred to red.
This is the true solution. I'm sick of hearing "competitive" players telling casual players we need to earn our pixels when they're avoiding the server with true competition.

I'm guessing it's not nearly as fun to drop trains on a guild in NTOV if they can PVP in retaliation? After all, bullies only like pushing you around when you can't fight back.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

If there was no effort for the loot why would anyone play or value it? The value is there because not everyone can get it..

They have tons of pay to win / instanced servers for casual people /nod.

I worked hard for stuff I got and I love that and feel I earned it, tracking, leveling bots, etc to get ahead.

Just letting everyone have the same thing with no effort seems dumb and devalues it all. Let's give everyone a trophy so then it all means nothing..cause we can't have people who win, it might offend someone! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]