Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Large Bat

Default <a Newb> Inc!!

Howzit all...just discovered p99 the day after the server went down - looking foward to starting up Friday.

Throwing this post up for other incoming folks to post play times, class, starting cities, etc. to see if can make some grouping arrangments...

I am in Hawaii so Aussie time zone but plan on being online all weekend and have a pretty lax schedule during the week - played monk in past but been digging supportage as a bard ever since EQ2 so think I'll go Bard!

Look foward to meeting some good players and develping carpal tunnel.

~ does anyone use vent?
Last edited by Gellineau; 04-13-2010 at 05:48 PM..
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I knew about the server for a while now but just started playing a few days before server down, got a Cleric to level 9 so I plan on playing that. First time ever playing EQ so I guess I am true newb, so far all I really know is orc hill and cb! lol, oh and east coast us btw.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Kobold

What part of Hawaii?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew about the server for a while now but just started playing a few days before server down, got a Cleric to level 9 so I plan on playing that. First time ever playing EQ so I guess I am true newb, so far all I really know is orc hill and cb! lol, oh and east coast us btw.
I envy you so very very much.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Large Bat

Live Kailua area of Oahu.

Was just thinking I can't be sure of in game name but guess I'll just go Gellineau to keep some semblance of consistency....
Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I envy you so very very much.
Couldn't agree more... what I wouldn't give to start over knowing nothing about this game.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more... what I wouldn't give to start over knowing nothing about this game.
Lol what, why? I feel like I am at a disadvantage not knowing anything heh. I dunno where to go to level, what kind of gear I should be going for, how to make money quickly. Haha I don't even know my way to the "obvious" places that people say to meet them at, my response is usually like "Umm, where is that?" and there like ".....are you kidding?" lol. And on top of all that kind of stuff, I don't know any other players/groups/guilds on the server so I am like almost always playing alone unless there is a random group who takes me in haha.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

hi and welcome new folks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] glad to see more starting up...(when friday rolls around that is)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what, why? I feel like I am at a disadvantage not knowing anything heh. I dunno where to go to level, what kind of gear I should be going for, how to make money quickly. Haha I don't even know my way to the "obvious" places that people say to meet them at, my response is usually like "Umm, where is that?" and there like ".....are you kidding?" lol. And on top of all that kind of stuff, I don't know any other players/groups/guilds on the server so I am like almost always playing alone unless there is a random group who takes me in haha.
Just the complete sense of adventure. I have never had a better experience in a video game than adventuring through Norrath without knowing anything. It's just so much fun exploring new places that you have never been before. It might be a little different for you because 90% of the people you are playing with have extensive knowledge about the game, but trust me, if you stick with this game, you will have an experience like no other. And hopefully this server will increase in population so you don't have to worry about finding groups.

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM me.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Quote:
because learning eq and playing it slowly instead of doing the typical grind, finding new zones and in the future learning about epics and playing in kunark/velious zones...ahh the memories...

btw im new too, ill be starting my 1st char on friday as well, but im also rolling a bard lol so dont know how well 2 bards would be in a group although it would be cool for duoing at a lil higher lvls if anyone wants to hit me up for a group my character name will be Xumosa wood elf bard

playtime is 6:30pm-11pm weekdays and all day weekends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread