Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-12-2024, 01:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

There is not a single member of staff that is getting paid enough to enforce the current policies. It’s one thing to be part of a group of people who love EQ that is passionately sharing a game you loved from a quarter century ago. It is another thing altogether to be actively attacking and silencing people for opinions and politics you disagree with.

At this point staff, by their lack of posting on p99 forums lately, have indicated they do not want to participate on these boards as posters that are part of the same community as everyone else that posts. Instead they do not use these boards themselves and censor those players that do.

If there isn’t a staff member that hasn’t questioned the last two or three months of unnecessary attacks on p99 forums users then there is not a good mechanism for staff to disagree with their seniors here. It is very possible those that work here are having their voice lent to workplace proclamations without their consent. When something is signed p99 staff instead of by an individual I can tell that voices have been internally squashed. Not a good look.

What’s the solution? Participation. Come and talk with your players. As people. Not as false kings.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:39 PM
Aviak

You have to remember that this is free, so there is no basis on which to criticize anything. You also can't blame them for creating and enforcing rules at random like a schizophrenic. This is free.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

tell us your banned account name gotrex lol

i have two good guesses based on the content and style of your posts, but would rather you just be honest with everyone here on these precious forums
Old 03-12-2024, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Gotrex: I can't "they" could be watching.

Mods prolly don't post here cuz all many posters want is to fill it with red v blue hate fuelled rants to "prove" they team is betterer.
Once a discussion starts to be a repeated screaching of the same things by the same people with neither side conceding a point it is just an argument.

This is what (i feel) they stopped. With the added bonus of revealing the conspiracy theorists among us.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Brass.
"They" are out to get me. Or in this case, not out to get me.
You are creating a problem where there is none. You have a raid problem? Voice it and call someone from that other ugly team out. Call them names and challenge their skills as a player.
You did none of those. Except moan (and not in the good way) so call someone a name and insult the way thwy conduct their life. Moanie McWhiner Pants.
who are you replying to?
Old 03-12-2024, 06:13 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotrex: I can't "they" could be watching.

Mods prolly don't post here cuz all many posters want is to fill it with red v blue hate fuelled rants to "prove" they team is betterer.
Once a discussion starts to be a repeated screaching of the same things by the same people with neither side conceding a point it is just an argument.

This is what (i feel) they stopped. With the added bonus of revealing the conspiracy theorists among us.
We were making progress and got interrupted.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were making progress and got interrupted.
What, no picture words this time?
Old 03-12-2024, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who are you replying to?
All of the whiney complainers who feel that something is owed them by anyone here.
There is no tacit agreement thay by playing and posting here we get to define anything.

The only things we can control is the content and intent of our posts and the rep gained ingame by being a douche or standup fella.

Here is a clue for ya.
Post exactly how you wish to, say what you want. Place any content in there that you like.
Wait a lil bit, if its still available and you are not banned you passed the test.
If not, cry somewhere else. Cuz that's all you can do.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to remember that this is free, so there is no basis on which to criticize anything. You also can't blame them for creating and enforcing rules at random like a schizophrenic. This is free.
The reason p99 offers free accounts to players is because p99 wants to stay in the good graces of Daybreak legally by remaining non-profit and also because it wants new players to join up to play without a barrier to entry. A product or service being free does not make it beyond constructive criticism. Often times when a product or service is free: you are the product. If you are the product then criticism of a free service is merited.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Gotrex

"if a service is free, then you are the product" is only true if the platform monetizes the users

P99 doesn't monetize it's users

you're dumb and you suck at forum questing

go make a new forum acct, I don't wanna see my name in your posts