Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Kobold

Imo the biggest contributing factor to the way raiding on p99 is the fact that it was never meant to be raided like this. EQ classic up to velious did not support this many competitive players for one single raid zone like ToV.

I know it wont change but 16 hour windows, 3-7 day spawns for this many competitive raiders. It just cant handle it and forces this type of raid style if we like it or not. /shrug
Old 02-08-2017, 06:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you dont think things would have been pulled to zone ins eventually had live stalled out in kunark or velious?
Well, it is likely isnt it. (forget the no tov bind and other non classic shit on this server for a moment that would hinder it)

The question then is; would soe have done anything about guilds bypassing all the content to get to the nameds?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much, they just get top tier pixels playing casually. you can ridicule them as you see fit, but at the end of the day, they having fun getting stuff and experiencing content and you aren't even though the same options are available. That makes you a dummy.

Hope this helps.
Not really. I wasn't ridiculing them.

Lets talk about the 'experiencing content' you mention. Is experiencing content logging in for 20 minutes (15 of those minutes sitting doing practically nothing) and killing a named that is brought to zone in?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyoven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo the biggest contributing factor to the way raiding on p99 is the fact that it was never meant to be raided like this. EQ classic up to velious did not support this many competitive players for one single raid zone like ToV.
So try red server? Plenty of room for more people who want to raid....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most servers had one raid guild that could barely kill the targets over 2 1/2 days. So it probably didn't come up a lot. Even servers where there were multiple high end guilds, it was nothing like this single pulling to zone nonsense on here (right after spawn).

Look, I realize you guys have figured out a way to do dragons in 20 minutes that normally would take hours of clearing. I imagine almost none of you think its a good idea to change the status quo on single pulling dragons to zone.

I'm just pointing out that if you actually want this server to play like classic at all, the raiding would look vastly different.

Chardok was shit too. I'm glade they fixed that pile-of-garbage-lopehole-that-should-have-never-gone-on-for-years. It's not about what the players doing Chardok want...it's about making the server classic.

I want classic EQ to exist somewhere on the internet...and I feel like p99 is about 99% there. There's just these stupid raid rules in the way.

We could at least do one god damn quake a week (instead of normal spawns) and improve shit that way. Anything is better than staring at a god damn wall. There's about as many people that enjoy being raped as there are people that enjoy that.
This a good post and if we want a more classic experience, then should probably root ntov mobs and make people crawl to them. That does not help casuals at all though :c Not everyone has the time to sit around for hours clearing trash. The only people who could manage it regularly are the ones waiting on dragons now. it not a solution that would benefit casuals at all :/ it sure would be a classic change though ^^ more earthquakes would be a super good idea though ^°^
Old 02-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really. I wasn't ridiculing them.

Lets talk about the 'experiencing content' you mention. Is experiencing content logging in for 20 minutes (15 of those minutes sitting doing practically nothing) and killing a named that is brought to zone in?
Sure that is experiencing content, so is raiding HoT and wtov ^^ and if you like wasting time killing high end trash, you can do that too whenever you like. The truth though is, nobody wants to do that or they would have already ^^ there are several named mobs that are often left up, but nobody go after them in a crawl because clearing trash takes a lot of time from everyone and just isn't fun.

I can see the argument that you wanna be able to plan and schedule a crawl or something, liek set aside eight hours on a weekend to crawl around tov. That not very casual though :/
Old 02-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure that is experiencing content, so is raiding HoT and wtov ^^ and if you like wasting time killing high end trash, you can do that too whenever you like. The truth though is, nobody wants to do that or they would have already ^^ there are several named mobs that are often left up, but nobody go after them in a crawl because clearing trash takes a lot of time from everyone and just isn't fun.
CSG already tried it. It's just not possible with the current ruleset.

If people cant be bothered to pull a mob to zone in thats left up when you don't have to clear the trash of course they're not going to go for it if you do have to clear the trash, right!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyway, your mild irony aside, our definition of content (and verants/soe's) is rather different [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How is loggin in for, in essence, 5 mins fun? It's pure and simply pixel lust - a sad addiction.

Quote:
I can see the argument that you wanna be able to plan and schedule a crawl or something, liek set aside eight hours on a weekend to crawl around tov. That not very casual though :/
If you can only make that crawl once in a while and experience the actual content, that would still satisfy many. Remember, the casual scum don't get a lot of the pixels anyway, it's unlikely to make much difference to them.

Stuff would be spread round more because the warmbody casuals in A/A would be in the same boat as the casuals in the other guilds. You couldnt dominate content with 20 or so scrubs with way too much time on their hands if everyone had to put the same amount of effort and time into it. (All the no-lifers would probably congregate into one guild, that would be pretty funny ! )

This is why A/A are so vehemently against classic EQ.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSG already tried it. It's just not possible with the current ruleset.

If people cant be bothered to pull a mob to zone in thats left up when you don't have to clear the trash of course they're not going to go for it if you do have to clear the trash, right!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyway, your mild irony aside, our definition of content (and verants/soe's) is rather different [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How is loggin in for, in essence, 5 mins fun? It's pure and simply pixel lust - a sad addiction.

If you can only make that crawl once in a while and experience the actual content, that would still satisfy many. Remember, the casual scum don't get a lot of the pixels anyway, it's unlikely to make much difference to them.

Stuff would be spread round more because the warmbody casuals in A/A would be in the same boat as the casuals in the other guilds. You couldnt dominate content with 20 or so scrubs with way too much time on their hands if everyone had to put the same amount of effort and time into it. (All the no-lifers would probably congregate into one guild, that would be pretty funny ! )

This is why A/A are so vehemently against classic EQ.
You talkin out both sides you mouth Llod ^^ You can crawl ntov anytime you like. It unlikely you gonna find a dragon that you can kill at the end, but pixels don't matter right? Oh, maybe they do..

If you get trained, you just petition and the offending guild will be suspended.

There also as I said are lotsa times that certain dragons are not killed instantly and can be crawled to if players want to. There was even a post recently in server chat about one. It was left up for several days and finally killed by Rustle I think after nobody expressed any interest in it.

This is not a hardcore vs. casual issue, it an issue between hardcores (ones who are winning and ones who are losing :c ). casuals have all sorts of options and while not entirely classic, the present environment allows casuals to participate in far more encounters than we would otherwise.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

I think you right though about pooling of 'talent' if players are forced to clear. You'd end up with all the neckbeards condensing into one guild that would run tov like on live :/
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Here it goes:

I have been in a guild that the only way to get a mob was to live on the spawn point (full circle, thanks tmo) and while we had success at it it wasnt sustainable. I'm looking at you nerds who fuck up the golem spawns by sitting on them. Stop it, race like everyone else, you can't sustain it.

I've been in guilds that insta pull and pre camp at any time as well. Those guilds live or die by the pixel and one bad week can sway the morale a lot. While fun it wasn't after awhile , this was pre FTE shouts. I got way more pixels in fe/tmo consistently due to this method. This was around the start of fte races and class system.

Fast forward to now. A small guild now has the ability to put one racer on the line and lock in an attempt for a dragon at least in ToV. This was never a thing and totally caters to casuals, I call that a fair chance at the spawn. Arguing classic /non classic will get you no where. But I do think rooted dragons would be fun but increase the level of shit show 1000% if awakened trained us on a vulak at ent think how easy that train would be to get away with deep in ToV🤔 But I don't care I'll meet anyone out back to 1v1 irl.
Closed Thread