Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood why people raid in EQ, in Kunark or in the base game. The drops prior to NToV are just utter dogshit from raiding.

Who the fuck is going to even want to get a hierophant's crook, or a dragon bone bracer? The items from Plane of Sky quests suck too, aside from some outliers like the haste belt.

Planar armor can be one grouped, so that doesn't count.

There's really no reason to progress in the raiding game - even if you get those slightly better upgrades, they don't really boost your character significantly. Raid loot only lets you do content you could do previously more efficiently, and at that point why are you even playing the game?

It isn't until NTOV that you see items with significant HP or stat gains. Pretty dumb.

And let's not even get started on the horrible itemization of planar stats. Why the fuck does Valorium Greaves, for example, have INT? Literally does NOTHING for that class. https://wiki.project1999.com/Valorium_Greaves
Mostly true. Puppet strings and donals BP are super OP. Then robe of the spring/rend robe. With the timeline intact, very few people will have epics during kunark.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

I've been in <Seal Team> since day one, and it's been great.

After neckbearding hard on Blue, I've gone casual. Most of the guild is 2-3 times higher level than me, and nobody cares. I've gone to two raids. I enjoy the expertise of the highest level top raiders on Green while still playing casually, and that's totally fine with everyone.

I XP with guildies and random other people. It's all been really lovely, drama-free, and whether you're casual or hardcore I'd recommend you join <Seal Team>.

Or don't. I really don't care. Nobody does. It's just a game, and games should be fun. Our guild is having fun. OP clearly wasn't having fun.

I hope OP can find a way to have fun, because classic EQ really is fun.

End of speech.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Server GM

Watch the personal attacks or I will need to lock.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raid because I like to kill dragons.
I like to comb my hair
Old 12-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

In my defense galach I hadn't made it to the last post. Show mercy.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everquest54 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I like to kill dragons."

Camps https://wiki.project1999.com/A_goblin_jailmaster for 12 hours on thanksgiving
Quit crying
Old 12-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood why people raid in EQ, in Kunark or in the base game. The drops prior to NToV are just utter dogshit from raiding.

Who the fuck is going to even want to get a hierophant's crook, or a dragon bone bracer? The items from Plane of Sky quests suck too, aside from some outliers like the haste belt.

Planar armor can be one grouped, so that doesn't count.

There's really no reason to progress in the raiding game - even if you get those slightly better upgrades, they don't really boost your character significantly. Raid loot only lets you do content you could do previously more efficiently, and at that point why are you even playing the game?

It isn't until NTOV that you see items with significant HP or stat gains. Pretty dumb.

And let's not even get started on the horrible itemization of planar stats. Why the fuck does Valorium Greaves, for example, have INT? Literally does NOTHING for that class. https://wiki.project1999.com/Valorium_Greaves
Earth staff
White scales
Red scales
Bladestopper
Shawl of protection
Puppet strings
Multiple relevant sky drops

There’s plenty of items too save up DKP for in classic
Old 12-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everquest54 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's telling that the only person who has come to directly defend Phatez is a racist Trump supporter and that 98% of the guild won't defend him, even after this was posted in the guild's discord.
Typical nutjob progressive, call anyone that doesnt agree with them a racist and try to get their SJW virtue signaling points, the motto of the left is think like me or else, true fascism
Old 12-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's telling that the only person who has come to directly defend Phatez is a racist Trump supporter and that 98% of the guild won't defend him, even after this was posted in the guild's discord.
low effort cux
Old 12-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth staff
White scales
Red scales
Bladestopper
Shawl of protection
Puppet strings
Multiple relevant sky drops

There’s plenty of items too save up DKP for in classic
Shawl of protection isn't classic
Closed Thread