Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 02:02 PM
Banned

Also that is SK.

Not deep in perma or chardok. But Jibartik makes a fair point most druids didn't know about perma or chardok. Let alone have practice and gear for those places.

But those that did where truly great and ate a lot of deaths and it wasn't as ez as here where basically u can buy some bug carpaces/ chitins/ pants, and a shield and go to town. With an 80% plus success rate lol.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a tip, go find some chat logs about it from 2000 instead of telling me a campfire story about how you think the earth is flat.
2k is dead and gone. Even imgur is making it more difficult to upload and link gifs here. This forum will be 2k in 2 more years
Old 06-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Also notice you speak of guides, and litearlly mya rguemnt was "there wer no guides on how to do it" so people didnt figure it out.

I mean, seriously dude, you're just saying the same thing as me only it's ending in you thinking that the reason we suddenly started charming 8 years after this server launched, that the only reason that's the case is because suddenly 8 years after p99 lauched, charm was nerfed compared to what it is now, not that people started making guides about it.

The fact that you can find 1 guide only supports my argument, nobody knew about it nobody was creative enough.

If root rotting worked back then and that's what the guide says, that doesnt mean that "EVERYONE WILL START TESTING NEW WAYS" they will just do what the guides say, to root rot.

Now the guides say to charm, so they all charm.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:12 PM
Banned

Root sucks hard on live still.

The only way I get away with it inside dungeons is because of AA spell casting stability or persistence or whatever and I have 3k more hp than I did at 60 on live. It wasn't reliable against dark blues because u ...

Had 2 be in a corner.

The smallest non melee broke it.

U were at 50% hp if successful dead otherwise.

I killed ghoul lord solo on live but like I had to die ten times to successfully do it once at 60 on live in Kunark gear.

1 in 10 first hand experience channeling that split.

Vs the 7-8 in ten yall get here.

Just whatever...
Old 06-16-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

correction, root sucks if yuo are a player!

If you're an NPC you can land that baby through walls and it lasts at the very least 1 minuet lol

So many times I just sitting there apologizing to my group, "soon guys, sitting here waiting for root to drop" from the dying mob rooting me after I left to go pull more haha

Also lull not working around corners holy smokes, that is the biggest change of pace to this game Ive felt so far.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root sucks hard on live still.

The only way I get away with it inside dungeons is because of AA spell casting stability or persistence or whatever and I have 3k more hp than I did at 60 on live. It wasn't reliable against dark blues because u ...

Had 2 be in a corner.

The smallest non melee broke it.

U were at 50% hp if successful dead otherwise.

I killed ghoul lord solo on live but like I had to die ten times to successfully do it once at 60 on live in Kunark gear.

1 in 10 first hand experience channeling that split.

Vs the 7-8 in ten yall get here.

Just whatever...
Root not reliable AT ALL on Thornblade..

on P99 when I played a Shaman I didnt give two fucks about Warriors having aggro problems because I was going to root every mob, so when I slowed the mob it wouldnt come beat my face. This erased all aggro issues the warrior (and me) had.

On Thornblade.. it's virtually impossible to keep a mob rooted for more than 10 seconds and that's only if that mob isnt being attacked. If he's being attacked you might as well not even cast the spell.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I get max roots on basically every mob I root CC with my rangers crappy root.

It even flashes when it's going to fade, I just tab over between hits and when it flashy, I re-doey.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2k is dead and gone. Even imgur is making it more difficult to upload and link gifs here. This forum will be 2k in 2 more years
hey boomer, on your phone you can just click Desktop Site in the hamburger menu to skip getting the app
Old 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

To bad when I swap and pull a mob out of range to do that everyone on live, just follows me to that new mob and assists even though im the puller/backup utillity, not MA :smacks forehead:
Old 06-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey boomer, on your phone you can just click Desktop Site in the hamburger menu to skip getting the app
They are starting to obduscate urls, redirect, and not provide..gif format. Unless you privately upload a downscaled lower rez 'hidden' version in a lot of cases.

For starters.

I'm good at using browser and app channeling is going to replace browsers soon were the website just blocks u on mobile or refuses to serve up html at all aside from a splash page. Then ppl make ways to circumvent that, but what I'm saying is pretty soon the desktops won't even be supported u will only have trusted computed apps thru the iTunes, or Microsoft, or Android channels.

But this site is kinda fine for the time being but it's dying.

Pantheon emu will for sure only really have discord app.
Closed Thread