Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

They should have used the stamina bar as a mana bar for melee's and put disciplins in their spell book and let them use 8 buttons like casters prove me wrong!
Old 06-16-2021, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should have used the stamina bar as a mana bar for melee's and put disciplins in their spell book and let them use 8 buttons like casters prove me wrong!
woah there, sounds an awfully lot like WoW
Old 06-16-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

having more than one button to push as a melee was the thing that got me hella krunk about everquest 2 / wow 20 years ago
Old 06-16-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woah there, sounds an awfully lot like WoW
rogue in wow is bet melee of all time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2021, 04:18 PM
Kobold

EQ2 maybe, wow trash
Old 06-16-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Stun, back flip over the enemy, back stab! Gougue the knee, jump behind tree, disappear, sneak around your confused bleeding fo, SAP! BACKSTAB! stab stab stab stab!

VICTORY!

man, that was the best, idc what anyone says.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wall of text
D) Instead of focusing on Enchanters.
more text
If you've paid any attention at all, you'd notice that most of my arguments have actually revolved around Druids.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've paid any attention at all, you'd notice that most of my arguments have actually revolved around Druids.
Not enough druid bug reports. I hear you loud and clear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
Now, let me ask you something: did you play Street Fighter II? If so, you'd know that Ryu was a popular character, who had a powerful dragon punch attack. If I were to make a Street Fighter II emulator, and no one wanted to dragon punch with Ryu ... do I need to know the exact amount of damage for the dragon punch to know that I got wrong? Or can I tell that my emulator isn't emulating the original game properly, because people aren't playing my emulator the way they played the original?

The millennials would just claim all the "boomers" were idiots doing it wrong all along. Remember the runaround we had with combat bind wound until it was demonstrated impossible? Problem here is charm wasn't impossible, merely less reliable than on P99, so finding the required proof is dramatically less likely.

In the meantime I'm content to live with it as-is. Most "random" spells--not just charm, but root, invisible, etc--are probably tuned a little too friendly on P99. Entire reason groups fell over themselves for wanting enchanter crowd control was because Mez was reliable with its fixed duration and didn't break early all the time. Don't even care about having an enchanter around on P99. I prefer such spells being a little too "friendly" over the alternative of hitting them with an excessive nerfbat and making them all worse than they should be. Yuck. Leave it as-is until such a time as evidence allows it to be made exact. That'll take more work than I'm willing to put in.

Nobody will ever convince me that the lull spell line is right here, either. I was a Paladin and I tried everything with it, including heavy charisma sets/buffs. It was crap because of the artificially inflated resist rate it had. There's another one that's probably too good on P99. Mezzes memblur absurdly often too. Enchanters happen to get most of this stuff so they see a uniquely strong power boost from it, but really almost everyone benefits from something or other. Careful what you wish for.

(**I quoted your post from the other thread here, Loramin, instead of in that thread because it's off-topic for that thread, a Mage thread originally, but on-topic for this one)

Danth

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread