Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now you are lying to yourself this server is far from classic........
Server is super duper classic TO ME. I was 14 in 1999 when I joined EQ. I probably played this game all wrong back then, but when i joined P999- I knew i needed water/food. Check. I knew if i died i had to corpse run. Check. I knew what paths to take to run from Steamfont to the docks in Butcher. And when i returned, all that was the same..

As for all the servers not classic talk- You're right, I wasn't old enough to know what was happening at the top end. But at the bottom end, this game is fucking CLASSIC bro.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:57 PM
Kobold

We were power bottoms!
Old 06-16-2021, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone point me to the data that led to lull/harmony through walls?

Im sure the old game was bugged like this, but honestly that is the most OP thing players can do right now.
wasnt just lull and harmony, u could Taunt aswell. in vanilla eq, for example most time solb bats where bugged u could not pull em with spells or mele, But Taunt did work

pacify was broken Af, problem was not many knew how to use it, like with alot of the spells back in the day, like paladin using blind and proximity for tankin.
it got nuked on mid pop for good since it made fd pulling mostly useles. then later monk how his own lul .

problem is alot of people mixin resist troubles of pacify on luclin with vanilla , luclin mobs unlike first 3 xpacs had retarded strong resists after devs and gms took notice of aoe farm on fungus groove and AC inner.
Closed Thread