Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 08:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because in any MMO, really the main way you see progression is either via levels or gear. And for gear, if I choose not to raid, then I can still progress it, but it will involve spending exorbitant amounts of plat for the best possible tradeable pieces for those slots. Or I guess attempting to camp those pieces myself, which I hate the idea of even more than farming plat. At least with plat farming you are doing something dynamic and can change your location on a whim when you get sick of a particular place. Camping high-ticket items you are literally just staring at a wall for hours-days on end

So I'm left with two options to progress my only character: 1.) Beat your head against the wall of raiding or 2.) Beat your head against the wall of plat-farming

I chose to attempt option 1 while also doing option 2 as a backup. Alternating between both has thus far kept me from burning out. The more attention I focus on either, the quicker I burn out
I get that but the post before you stated you're actively avoiding raiding and now it's to the point where you're dreading signing on.

I think I'd be in the same place you are in regards to lack of enjoyment. I'm happily resigned to seeing/progressing with what I can with a small static though. I've put in time in other mmos and seen plenty of "end games" , P99s requirements are ludicrous though and it's not worth ruining every other aspect of my life. If I ever want to see something I haven't there's plenty of ez mode EQ servers I can visit and get enough of the flavor.

I mean this is the nicest way possible, it sounds like you don't want to make the sacrifices that this game asks for raids. I also don't think any sane person or anyone with a family/job would want to make the sacrifice also, as mentioned I sure as he'll don't.

Lastly, if you are willing than what the poster before me said...why not just join an elite raiding guild?
Last edited by ReoDobbs; 12-31-2021 at 08:27 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that but the post before you stated you're actively avoiding raiding and now it's to the point where you're dreading signing on.

I think I'd be in the same place you are in regards to lack of enjoyment. I'm happily resigned to seeing/progressing with what I can with a small static though. I've put in time in other mmos and seen plenty of "end games" , P99s requirements are ludicrous though and it's not worth ruining every other aspect of my life. If I ever want to see something I haven't there's plenty of ez mode EQ servers I can visit and get enough of the flavor.

I mean this is the nicest way possible, it sounds like you don't want to make the sacrifices that this game asks for raids. I also don't think any sane person or anyone with a family/job would want to make the sacrifice also, as mentioned I sure as he'll don't.

Lastly, if you are willing than what the poster before me said...why not just join an elite raiding guild?
Nah you nailed it, definitely not wanting to make the sacrifices, and not wanting to join an elite one

I had this dream of maybe getting some raid scraps, but I don’t think I’ll even be able to accrue enough DKP for that. And I’m definitely not against DKP systems, I learned the hard way in WoW raiding how unfair to consistent raiders random /roll systems can be (new players coming in, winning gear, then leaving guild or not logging in again) and how completely corrupt loot council systems always are

But it’s not a reason to leave the guild. Still enjoy seeing some guild chatter, especially as someone without a static group
Closed Thread