Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 01:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default The Gorge of King Xorbb

Did the Gorge change when Runnyeye was revamped?

All of this is from memory and I don't have any objective records to back this up, but I believe I am noticing some different patterns. I know that sometime after Kunark the zone was changed so that the mobs hit harder, but that is not what I am talking about. I've noticed that, compared to before, there seem to be fewer minotaurs and more evil eyes roaming now.

For example, I've seen three evils eyes wander and simultaneously cross paths with each other , whereas before there were never enough roaming evil eyes up at the same time to do that. Also, there used to be more minotaurs wandering, and the vast majority of them were gorge minos, with one or two chasm minos that also wandered. Now I seem to be seeing and equal number of or more chasm minos (but there seems to be fewer minos over all).

I've also found that pretty much all of the minotaurs and muddites have a magic skin/damage absorbing spell on them (cast by the evil eyes), suggesting that there are enough evils eyes around to cast that spell on those mobs, and that definitely didn't happen before.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to camp Brahm, and I've been having trouble getting him to spawn. I've spent several hours over the course of several days in the Gorge, and I haven't seen Brahm once. I've camped him before on the Green server on other characters both pre-Kunark and pre-Velious and was able to get him to spawn in the pass north of the Runneye entrance (at the spawn points indicated on the wiki page) a few different times. So far I have not been able to replicate this. I also have not seen Ymp the Infernal once since I've been doing this, and on my other characters who spent time in the Gorge I saw Ymp much more frequently than I saw Brahm. I have, however, seen SpinFlint once, which is interesting because I never knew he existed.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm playing a no-twink/get my own items style and want to get the Labyrinth Talisman (which I realize is small potatoes to some), but if the spawn has changed to be less common like it seems to, it may not be worth it.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekk99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the Gorge change when Runnyeye was revamped?

All of this is from memory and I don't have any objective records to back this up, but I believe I am noticing some different patterns. I know that sometime after Kunark the zone was changed so that the mobs hit harder, but that is not what I am talking about. I've noticed that, compared to before, there seem to be fewer minotaurs and more evil eyes roaming now.

For example, I've seen three evils eyes wander and simultaneously cross paths with each other , whereas before there were never enough roaming evil eyes up at the same time to do that. Also, there used to be more minotaurs wandering, and the vast majority of them were gorge minos, with one or two chasm minos that also wandered. Now I seem to be seeing and equal number of or more chasm minos (but there seems to be fewer minos over all).

I've also found that pretty much all of the minotaurs and muddites have a magic skin/damage absorbing spell on them (cast by the evil eyes), suggesting that there are enough evils eyes around to cast that spell on those mobs, and that definitely didn't happen before.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to camp Brahm, and I've been having trouble getting him to spawn. I've spent several hours over the course of several days in the Gorge, and I haven't seen Brahm once. I've camped him before on the Green server on other characters both pre-Kunark and pre-Velious and was able to get him to spawn in the pass north of the Runneye entrance (at the spawn points indicated on the wiki page) a few different times. So far I have not been able to replicate this. I also have not seen Ymp the Infernal once since I've been doing this, and on my other characters who spent time in the Gorge I saw Ymp much more frequently than I saw Brahm. I have, however, seen SpinFlint once, which is interesting because I never knew he existed.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm playing a no-twink/get my own items style and want to get the Labyrinth Talisman (which I realize is small potatoes to some), but if the spawn has changed to be less common like it seems to, it may not be worth it.
Old info on Brahhm.

Quote:
a muddite minor
a muddite elder
a chasm minotaur
an evil eye
Brahhm
King Xorbb

None of the following are placeholders for King Xorbb.

A chasm minotaur which spawns near (110, 15) with a reduced 4min-30sec respawn
Three other roaming an evil eyes
Three static spawns in the temple area (#1 on the map) including Lord Syrkl, Lord Soptyvr, and Lord Sviir.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Kobold

You haven't mentioned killing those evil eyes that are up and roaming. My experience in the gorge when I've been trying to spawn Brahhm (and I got him at least 4 times) is that the eyes, minotaurs, and various nameds share the same spawns. So, killing the minos is what has spawned the eyes, and is why you're not seeing more minos spawn if you're not killing those eyes, and yes, that also is why you're not seeing your nameds.

That's just my experience, so I can't say it's 100% of the information you need.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I spent my mid 20's on my monk trying to get one. Was there like 50 hours only to see Brahham like 2 times. 26 and some of 27 only exp was off named and green Chasm so the RNG was not on my side. I when first got him gave the neck to a Paly I met figured well ill be here 3 more lvls but never saw it drop again.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:19 AM
Banned

I gave away one of those necks to a ranger I grouped up with one day.

Brahmm was like the 3rd mob I killed after zoning into xorbb on my fresh mage. Already up for me!

The eyes aren't hard if you can cc pet and nuke.
Closed Thread