Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boptop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a wood elf rogue looted a load of bronze off my lvl 9 paladin's corpse, it was a sad day.
When I was a kid playing this game, I was really bad thief... it's embarrassing to admit this now because I couldn't even steal a dollar off of someone without feeling immense guilt.

But I remember a wood elf ranger needed me to show him something in Ak'Anon, and I tricked him into following me to the Necromancer guild because I knew they would kill him.. then I tricked him to consent me, and stole his stuff... I was doing this type of thing so frequently that I ended up getting banned from the game, and having to buy another copy of the game...

I like to think by the time I finally got some decent characters rolling that my thieving ways were mostly gone, but I do distinctly remember that there was as PUG raid on Woushi and since I was an epic rogue I knew I could out DPS any group, and literally didnt join a group so I would get the kill and then when I looted I took a Crescent Blades of Luclin and pretended like it didnt drop... and constantly stealing gems with pick pocket and them adamantly denying having done it when the Cleric who was our normal master looter was noticing discrepancies with the amount of loot they get when I was or wasn't in the group...
Old 05-20-2021, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was a kid playing this game, I was really bad thief... it's embarrassing to admit this now because I couldn't even steal a dollar off of someone without feeling immense guilt.

But I remember a wood elf ranger needed me to show him something in Ak'Anon, and I tricked him into following me to the Necromancer guild because I knew they would kill him.. then I tricked him to consent me, and stole his stuff... I was doing this type of thing so frequently that I ended up getting banned from the game, and having to buy another copy of the game...

I like to think by the time I finally got some decent characters rolling that my thieving ways were mostly gone, but I do distinctly remember that there was as PUG raid on Woushi and since I was an epic rogue I knew I could out DPS any group, and literally didnt join a group so I would get the kill and then when I looted I took a Crescent Blades of Luclin and pretended like it didnt drop... and constantly stealing gems with pick pocket and them adamantly denying having done it when the Cleric who was our normal master looter was noticing discrepancies with the amount of loot they get when I was or wasn't in the group...
Did a bunch of other thieving stuff too.. like there didn't used to be a box that asked you if you wanted to drop an item to the ground, so we would ask to see an item in trade box since you couldn't link items back then, and when we saw the person take the item off we assume a second later he would put it in the trade box and then we would move really fast, the person would drop the item, and we would take it and become rich.. got so many oracle robes this way... before it became such a problem they patched it to where you don't just drop stuff on the ground without being asked first...

also remember tricking a warrior into a duel so i could disarm him and steal his executioner axe (it used to fall on the ground)..
for those of you who dont know, executioner axe was a BIG DEAL 20 years ago... like level 50 warriors on my server actually dreamed about getting one in the early days of EQ...
Old 05-20-2021, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

The hotkey for auto attack was set as a default to "Z" in Beta phase 3. It was either in beta 4 or during launch that it was changed to "A". I've always set it back to Z as that is how it was for me when I first played the game.

Also, from launch up till about I'm guessing 4 or 5 months in did you know that the Short Sword of the Ykesha had a different look? It wasn't that lame looking kukri type knife that you all know now, it was much different and cooler looking. But for the life of me I cannot find any screenshots of what it used to look like. Anyone remember this and/or able to find the old look of it?
Old 05-20-2021, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

that just sounds like you being an asshole
Old 05-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, from launch up till about I'm guessing 4 or 5 months in did you know that the Short Sword of the Ykesha had a different look? It wasn't that lame looking kukri type knife that you all know now, it was much different and cooler looking. But for the life of me I cannot find any screenshots of what it used to look like. Anyone remember this and/or able to find the old look of it?
I forgot about that until you just now mentioned it... although admittedly... I don't know if I ever saw it, or if I did see it... if I had any idea what I was looking at.. I remember thinking it was so cool the first time I saw one.. but wanting the EBW even more... at that time on Tunare, people considered EBW more valuable than SSOY... ironically the EBW is so much more cheap when green launched, I guess because literally anyone could solo camp fangs in 2020...

I would like to see original SSOY though.. going to check google and see if I find anything
Old 05-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it was extremely fucked up, but it wasn't done purely to be mean, but more or less to get items...
Old 05-20-2021, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I forgot about that until you just now mentioned it... although admittedly... I don't know if I ever saw it, or if I did see it... if I had any idea what I was looking at.. I remember thinking it was so cool the first time I saw one.. but wanting the EBW even more... at that time on Tunare, people considered EBW more valuable than SSOY... ironically the EBW is so much more cheap when green launched, I guess because literally anyone could solo camp fangs in 2020...

I would like to see original SSOY though.. going to check google and see if I find anything
So it was a straight sword, I think a gold handle. It started like a normal sword at the hilt then grew wider as it got to the point of the sword
Old 05-20-2021, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it proves that hes been an asshole for the best part of his life and remains one to this day.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it was a straight sword, I think a gold handle. It started like a normal sword at the hilt then grew wider as it got to the point of the sword
was it this...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it proves that hes been an asshole for the best part of his life and remains one to this day.
yeah except ya know, on p99 i constantly gave away items, power leveled strangers, traveled great distances to resurrect people

i play clerics on this game because i genuinely like to be able to help other people enjoy this game
i know how bad it sucks to want to do a dungeon and theres never any healer around.. i get more enjoyment out sitting in a zone like mistmoore or unrest healing a group than i could ever get out of looting any item in this game and i mean that..

feels so good when you come across a random corpse out in the world, realize the person is online and toss them a rez.. or giving a random new player a cool item or PLing strangers..

helping other players is the most rewarding thing for me... and this is why i will be maining a cleric on mischief/thornblade
Closed Thread