Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

Default Trying to find some cool fashionquest for a troll shaman.

Figure it will be easier to stick with this character if I can put together a cool, complete look for a troll. Something that isn't a total piecemeal mess to look at.

For starters, can anyone tell me what armor set this is, where it says "Scale"?
https://wiki.project1999.com/images/...ious_troll.jpg

If anyone's got some other suggestions too I'm open to them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For starters, can anyone tell me what armor set this is, where it says "Scale"?
I don't know of a set for a shaman with that graphic. "Scale" is the optional Velious plate graphic, and not commonly used even on the plate-wearing classes. The Plane of Growth sets use the alternate graphics, but since the shaman is a chain class it gets the "ringmail" graphic on its plane of growth set.

Danth
Old 11-23-2021, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

^
^^

Can’t wait to group with your new SK, Tadkins!
Old 11-23-2021, 11:44 AM
Orc

Totemic armor is cheap and has classic plate look
Old 11-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Banned

reroll barbarian for fashion
Old 11-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

You may find the https://wiki.project1999.com/FashionQuest%20Guide helpful. I would guess that "Scale" is one of either "Velious Plate 1" or "Velious Plate 2" .,.. but unfortunately people just haven't been contributing Troll screenshots for those fashion categories, so I can't say for sure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. It turns out we only have two troll screenshots among all the fashion categories on the wiki (https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...ofile=advanced)!

If any trolls out there have full suits of ... well, pretty much anything, please take a screenshot and add it to the wiki to help your fellow trolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

ok i give the wiki a hard time for revealing all the secrets but the armor color tables I have been asking for 10,000 posts and you're really delivering loramin thank you!

Also thanks chortles for filling out the troll colors.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

As with most things on the wiki, I can't take full credit. While I did help build that page, I believe someone else (the unfortunately named "Diarrheaguy999") added those wonderful color tables.

Old 11-23-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. It turns out we only have two troll screenshots among all the fashion categories on the wiki
This is the kind of project that would be most effectively dealt with by an individual or two who have their own emulator servers and who can use GM powers to summon themselves the equipment in question. So long as they get Velious textures enabled and use old world models it'll look the same one server to the next.

You're correct about scale being one of the Velious plate textures, with (unsurprisingly) plate being the other. I believe scale counts as plate1 and the normal Velious plate counts as plate2. I don't see any advantage to using the database terminology though. Ringmail is the alternate for chain. Cloth is the alternate for robes (previous to Velious, clothies' only type-specific graphics were robes). Leather's defacto alternate set is the Velious monk set.

In the old world and kunark, you get robes, then leather--chain--plate, plus the seldom-used monk top for chest slot only. Leather through plate had individual helm graphics as well. Velious did not initially have any helm graphics; custom helms were later added for plate classes only, but I seem to recall you saying that the game engine calls them "leather" although it's moot in practice since there aren't any other Velious helms for them to be confused with.

For a shaman, the ever-popular Phase Spider Carapace will give you a scale-texture chest slot item (albeit tinted darker than default), but there aren't many/any options for that look for most the other slots.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-23-2021 at 03:00 PM..
Closed Thread