Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

No. Give wizards an AR-15
Old 12-22-2021, 07:45 AM
Aviak

Don't get me started....

Wizards are mostly fine as they are, the only thing I would change is either make nukes bigger or more mana efficient, or both. The reason groups don't take wizards is b/c most people that play them are lazy.

You can't just DPS, you need to find ways to contribute. One of my favorite things is to watch the puller bring in 3-4 mobs and then snare them all, run them around and root park. Watch for healers and gaters, wizards are great at preventing mobs from casting. Don't just nuke everything, be opportunistic, wait for a chance to delete a mob that is giving the group trouble.

Things like that, if you're relying on nukes alone you're doing it wrong.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me started....

Wizards are mostly fine as they are, the only thing I would change is either make nukes bigger or more mana efficient, or both. The reason groups don't take wizards is b/c most people that play them are lazy.

You can't just DPS, you need to find ways to contribute. One of my favorite things is to watch the puller bring in 3-4 mobs and then snare them all, run them around and root park. Watch for healers and gaters, wizards are great at preventing mobs from casting. Don't just nuke everything, be opportunistic, wait for a chance to delete a mob that is giving the group trouble.

Hell, you can do all this and med while pulling with an eye. The drop down in the hole after the swim in entry is great for this. Bash can miss (especially with an SKs skills!) so having redundancy on stuns is good.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason groups don't take wizards is b/c most people that play them are lazy.
I played a wizard, I wasn't lazy and even I can tell a huge difference on what I brought to a group. If I wanted efficiency, I'd take a Magician over a Wizard every day and twice on Sunday. I'd even argue a Magician without a pet is worth more to a group than a Wizard.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Give wizards an AR-15
duel wield ar17s
Old 12-22-2021, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd even argue a Magician without a pet is worth more to a group than a Wizard.
Just stop
Old 12-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a wizard, I wasn't lazy and even I can tell a huge difference on what I brought to a group. If I wanted efficiency, I'd take a Magician over a Wizard every day and twice on Sunday. I'd even argue a Magician without a pet is worth more to a group than a Wizard.
Why would you argue that? Doing a lot of grouping in lavastorm with melee that haven't saved up for a magic weapon yet?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't get me started....

more mana efficient,

also auto nuke

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2021, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you argue that? Doing a lot of grouping in lavastorm with melee that haven't saved up for a magic weapon yet?
Ice Comet 2.8 DPM
Lava Bolt 2.7 DPM

DS will cover that difference plus some. So right there alone Magician > Wizard. Add pet and it's a HUGE difference.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean the problem with this statement is that almost every casting class can root. Stun? Can be nice to have but in many groups it’s not really that needed you’re burning through mobs so fast and usually your tank can just interrupt a caster with a bash. Unfortunately a wizard just doesn’t bring that much to the table
Guess I've been playing wizard wrong this entire time then. I'll try to be more useless in groups in the future.
Closed Thread