Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Isn't it time to find out what lies in the future for the servers?

We're rapidly approaching the end of Velious and release of the final bits of content to be available on Project 1999 Green Server. Isn't it about time that we find out what lies in store for us in the future?

Some speculate that Green will be rolled onto Blue and that we will see a new Green server. Others hope it will be a new Red server. Fact is, nobody outside of the Project 1999 team really knows.

Why is it important for us to know?

It's no secret that we have become invested into our characters in Everquest and that most of us are balancing real life with gaming, hopefully with a healthy ratio.

For me and I'm sure many others choices like making a new character or pushing for X goal in the game are difficult to make when we don't know what's in the future. As much as I enjoy the journey, I can't motivate myself to start X character only to halfway have to abandon it as a new server is announced with all of its implications.

Thus I humbly request that us, the players, are also to be let into the know of what the intentions are for the future of the servers?
Old 12-23-2021, 12:24 PM
Skeleton

Hot take:

Allow people on green and blue to /movelog and designate one server for p99-style FTE racing, the other for classic-era server type rotations.

While probably pretty unpopular around these parts, community-led content rotated servers were definitely a thing in classic eras covered by p99.

Rathe server had a pretty simple one - needed to kill a raid mob once via FTE (either a guild was slacking or they let you try) before being added to the rotation list. If you couldn’t kill when your mob was up within X hours of its spawn, you needed to pass to the next guild. If you made Y attempt(s) and failed, you needed to pass.

Elflawyering goes down as a happy side effect.
Last edited by torpori; 12-23-2021 at 12:40 PM..
Old 12-23-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

They are going to merge the servers. Why would they pay for two pve servers at exactly the same stage in progression? That’s expensive and there’s no reason for it. It’s also become clear that we can’t sustain two servers with the current population. Frankly I cannot wait for a merge; zones are ghost towns outside of a select few hot spots, the economies are completely slow and stale, since the servers are top heavy it can be hard to find full groups for leveling, etc. and that applies to both Blue and Green
Old 12-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Banned

The longer they delay doing something and leave the servers separate, the happier I’ll be

My guess is they will delay for a long, long time and then eventually merge green into blue and reset green

Take your time devs! No rush
Old 12-23-2021, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frankly I cannot wait for a merge; zones are ghost towns outside of a select few hot spots, the economies are completely slow and stale, since the servers are top heavy it can be hard to find full groups for leveling, etc. and that applies to both Blue and Green
Green has healthy pops in lowbie zones still. I was in oasis of marr passing through yesterday and there were still 17 lowbies exp’ing there at 11pm MST last night, way past prime time hours

Edit: Nektulos forest every time I’ve passed through usually has about 5-10 different lowbie dark elves all level 1-10 all hours of the day/eve

Haven’t been to gfay, BB, MM, or the karanas in a while, so can’t comment on those areas
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-23-2021 at 02:45 PM..
Old 12-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

hopefully its teams
Old 12-23-2021, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Merge won't happen until the Sleeper is awakened on Green.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has healthy pops in lowbie zones still. I was in oasis of marr passing through yesterday and there were still 17 lowbies exp’ing there at 11pm MST last night, way past prime time hours

Edit: Nektulos forest every time I’ve passed through usually has about 5-10 different lowbie dark elves all level 1-10 all hours of the day/eve

Haven’t been to gfay, BB, MM, or the karanas in a while, so can’t comment on those areas
Lol says the guy who is terrified of the merge coming in January 2023. I play on green regularly and lowbie areas are usually ghost towns as are almost every dungeon besides like a few
Old 12-23-2021, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

As far as the future of the servers, it'll just be more of the same. Either you're happy or disappointed by that.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol says the guy who is terrified of the merge coming in January 2023. I play on green regularly and lowbie areas are usually ghost towns as are almost every dungeon besides like a few
I’ve said I didn’t want a merge at all, won’t deny that. Nilbog’s financial situation isn’t my problem until he says it’s my problem, and I have donated in the past to improve it

I’ve been on 1 raid thus far. Considering it took me almost a full year to get in level range TO raid, at the rate I’m going I may be able to do another 3-5 raids by Jan 2023 when everyone will supposedly get dumped into Blue’s raid scene drama

So yup, the longer the better!
Closed Thread