Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server being at the lowest population in 10 years isn't a dig, it's just a fact. 500-800 people on at prime time boxxing between Blue and Green
I dunno about the boxing numbers. If it is safe to assume that every hardcore is boxing a char on green and blue, then it should also be safe to assume every casual player isn’t and is just playing one char on either

Now neither of those statements are true, but I think in generalities they are. And since there are more casual than hardcore players on p99 (like every mmo), then there should be more people who aren’t boxing than ones who are

This is coming from a casual player with no interest in playing chars on two servers at once
Old 01-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno about the boxing numbers. If it is safe to assume that every hardcore is boxing a char on green and blue, then it should also be safe to assume every casual player isn’t and is just playing one char on either

Now neither of those statements are true, but I think in generalities they are. And since there are more casual than hardcore players on p99 (like every mmo), then there should be more people who aren’t boxing than ones who are

This is coming from a casual player with no interest in playing chars on two servers at once
I would expect that roughly 20-25% of the server base is playing on both simultaneously. However boxing in this instance could mean something as simple as playing on one server and have your mule up in EC on the other or having a DAP character up on the other
Old 01-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Rogean gets tired of your complaints and flips it off.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:34 PM
Orc

the irs and fbi ask about wire fraud and tax evasion and rx pills across state lines and suddenly Whaaaaa happppen
Old 01-12-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as the future of the servers, it'll just be more of the same. Either you're happy or disappointed by that.
I sure hope so. The servers are optimal
Complete classic experience as best as this team can offer. Anything else can be found elsewhere.

P99 is on point, just needs to consider being more communicative even saying that they have no intentions of more communication would be nice.

Green blue merge was already communicated and they have stuck to stated timelines very robustly
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://everluclin.boards.net/thread...er-performance

^^^

In other words, Seedy (per usual) has no idea what he is talking about.

The cost to run an EQ server is trivial.
then start one.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:04 PM
Banned

With some luck all P99 servers will be deleted and brought back up as a fresh, single, PvE server. Many people here need a reminder that this is a game and it's for fun.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:10 PM
Banned

The (monetary) cost to run an EQ server is trivial
Old 01-24-2022, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With some luck all P99 servers will be deleted and brought back up as a fresh, single, PvE server. Many people here need a reminder that this is a game and it's for fun.
I honestly kind of agree with you. People keep threatening that if they were to just wipe everything and start a new green that they'd quit.

Like, no you wouldn't. Give me a break. You didn't quit everquest before, because you came back for p99. And you'll come back again, and you know it.

"I'm QUITTING everquest cause this is bullshit" -me in 2002 when POP came out

"Oh hey a new fresh classic eqemu server sign me up!" -me immediately when p99 was announced
Old 01-24-2022, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The (monetary) cost to run an EQ server is trivial
Oh rogean told you what he pays?
Closed Thread