Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

FYI if One of the reasons you’re looking to do this is to be able to vendor there is a neutral vendor on the first floor of high keep that will sell to anyone
Old 01-07-2022, 07:55 PM
Kobold

You guys are adorable, albeit unhelpful. Castle's suggestion is partly correct, and so is cd288's. However both are going to get you killed.

In Rivervale, Thekela Meepup is a cleric outside her guild house and will murder you. The only way to raise Priests of Mischief is to do the quest with Beek Guinders inside the cleric guild. You might be able to do it with wolf form but you'd have to hunt literally hundreds of black and ruined wolf pelts. (P.S. you need this faction if you're going to recharge that ring Castle mentioned.)

And as far as getting to an indifferent merchant inside Highkeep... well, you're going to have to get past the guards now, aren't you?

Well, maybe the suggestions are there for once you get Gather Shadows at level 30. Until then, keep up the good work and enjoy the hunt!
Old 01-08-2022, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are adorable, albeit unhelpful. Castle's suggestion is partly correct, and so is cd288's. However both are going to get you killed.

In Rivervale, Thekela Meepup is a cleric outside her guild house and will murder you. The only way to raise Priests of Mischief is to do the quest with Beek Guinders inside the cleric guild. You might be able to do it with wolf form but you'd have to hunt literally hundreds of black and ruined wolf pelts. (P.S. you need this faction if you're going to recharge that ring Castle mentioned.)

And as far as getting to an indifferent merchant inside Highkeep... well, you're going to have to get past the guards now, aren't you?

Well, maybe the suggestions are there for once you get Gather Shadows at level 30. Until then, keep up the good work and enjoy the hunt!
If you’re in Highkeep you’re either killing goblins guards or nobles. If you’re not a class that can invis there’s plenty of people who can invis you for a run to the vendor (and most of the time the first floor guards are dead anyway)
Old 01-08-2022, 07:19 AM
Orc

The named Gnolls in East Karana (the Mucktails), by the giant spiders, offer the biggest + faction hits with the Highpass Guards.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Been there, done that. Did it on a Dark Elf Wizard with a Manastone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cheers, mate.

Oh, and you don't need to hunt hundreds of wolves. The newbies do it and vendor it for you. I simply had to scour hundreds of vendors =)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been there, done that. Did it on a Dark Elf Wizard with a Manastone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cheers, mate.

Oh, and you don't need to hunt hundreds of wolves. The newbies do it and vendor it for you. I simply had to scour hundreds of vendors =)
How did you do this as a dark elf?
Old 01-12-2022, 02:27 AM
Kobold

Vendor diving as a dark elf is actually pretty easy if you have done the bandages bit. You get merchants faction as well as several other Rivervale factions. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that, as a wizard, he was teleporting to vendors all over classic Norrathian zones for some of those. Black wolf pelts drop in Nek Forest, Innothule and Greater Faydark in addition to Misty Thicket and East Commons, you get the idea...
Old 01-12-2022, 10:03 AM
Orc

Thanks for the replies. I'm amiable to the highpass guards now, dubious to the merchants, dubious to freeport and qeynos guards. The highpass gnoll fang quests work well, along with bandit killing (for a troll, the lake rathe ones by the ogres are the best since you can sell the loot right there) and blackburrow gnoll killing. There's still a faction in highpass that scowls to me (I think the one associated with their king) but they can be avoided.

Getting faction to the highkeep bank looks to be a huge pain so I probably won't do that.

So, now I can pretty much ride both ships as a troll and make the journey from freeport to qeynos without going the long way round. I don't really use ports so that's helpful to me. Also highpass is a chill spot to do some trade skills.

Been leveling in mistmoore and I'm hoping after a while those antonican bards will warm up to me as well.

Not super interested in items with charges, as the recharging thing seems like an exploit to me.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquisxxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you do this as a dark elf?
Bandage quest using hide/invis to max guard faction. Wolf form from a druid to get to dubious for quest hand-ins for cleric faction.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Priests_of_Mischief

I killed some wolves, but mostly got pelts from vendors. Any quality of grey wolf pelt can be combined with a knife to downgrade it. Easy way to get a lot of ruined pelts. Berries are a ground spawn in Misty Thicket.

Still KoS to druids, but maxed on guards and amiable to clerics.

Takes a lot of time, but if you got a manastone and want to Manadance™ on your DE Wiz, this is the way.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:20 PM
Kobold

While I'm not going to argue with your feeling that [vendor] recharging clickies is an exploit, I will point out that in the case of the Squad Ring and Prayer Beads (from quests in both Qeynos and Freeport), recharging via quest was built into the classic game. In both cases, there is npc dialogue, faction requirement and story implemented. In fact, there are other cases where quest rewarded items seem to have text indicating that items should be rechargeable. (Kerran fishing spear, classic bonethunder staff, probably more) But from the point of view of how many hours it would take to grind out the faction to be able to do the recharging quest on the squad ring, and having to make a trip to Rivervale for a single click of the Healing spell, I get it.

Congrats on your freedom of movement across all of Norrath! See you out there!
Closed Thread