Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest it's starting to seem like certain classes are being left overpowered on purpose because devs play them or something.

This reminds me of how Monks can fully heal in about 15 seconds because Mend works every time you zone. There are a few classes that are ridiculously overpowered compared to classic but they aren't being changed.
Well you shouldn't feel that way. The developers which would decide classes need change, and the ones who make the changes do not even play. The devs quoted in this thread, aside from uthgaard, either don't develop anymore, or do pathing.

We are all about nerfs.. and that's why nearly every patch includes the nerfing of something. Not because nerfs make it easy on someone, it's because enough evidence and development has been put into it to make a classic change.

If you want something in particular nerfed, explain in detail what is wrong with it and how we can realistically change it. Specifically.. how it worked in classic versus how it works on p99. If there is already a thread about it, bring it back to life with those details.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If you want something in particular nerfed, explain in detail what is wrong with it and how we can realistically change it. Specifically.. how it worked in classic versus how it works on p99. If there is already a thread about it, bring it back to life with those details.
So if this is the way to get this issues fixed why was Whirl Till You Hurl left broken for that last 5-6 months since the thread started on it and confirmation from a dev that it would be nerfed?

It's rather depressing when I'm in a group and the healers are OOM and the enc says, "Oh don't worry I'll just whirl" and absolutely no damage is taken the whole fight. That never happened in classic.

Also I made a thread on the exploits forum about Monk mend working every time you zone and never got a reply. There has been like 3-4 patches since then and still no fix (unless it was fixed last night). I also bumped that thread twice.

I know of one Monk in particular who has gone from 25-45 so far just soloing and abusing this exploit by fighting near zone lines. Petitioned multiple times, etc and both the exploit and him are still around.

This is even more frustrating because I've apped to be a guide/dev and bumped that thread a few times with zero response as well. I can understand being busy but why aren't more staff being created to address these issues?

Anyway, regardless of everything I still love the server and appreciate all the work that goes into it.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Project Manager

Is this thread about enchanter spells and mage pets, or a soapbox? I offered you up my response, but I got nothing in return which helps me with anything. Take it to the bugs forum please.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Also I made a thread on the exploits forum about Monk mend working every time you zone and never got a reply. There has been like 3-4 patches since then and still no fix (unless it was fixed last night). I also bumped that thread twice.
They made the change on Mend. How is it a exploit if they changed to work that way? Maybe why no response was given.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/ar...p/t-20233.html
Last edited by Rais; 03-14-2011 at 12:01 AM..
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was an interesting patch in 1999 =D

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990913.html
Nilbog, can you please commend on the these patch notes,

Quote:
Pets:High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage.
Pets will now navigate some outdoor and dungeon areas better.
DoT Changes:If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken.
DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch.
Did pets get nerfed on p99 like on live sept 1999? I know dots dont work like this here.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

azxten = right
Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this thread about enchanter spells and mage pets, or a soapbox? I offered you up my response, but I got nothing in return which helps me with anything. Take it to the bugs forum please.
You're right my response doesn't help you with anything. It's a rant about YOUR response which is complete fucking bullshit.

You essentially said, "Go do what you already did.. that's the right way to handle this." Yeah, that worked so well... going on like 6 months since a major bug was pointed out with evidence and everything including a developer response saying it would be fixed and it's still there but somehow you worked in nerfing Druid buffs.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They made the change on Mend. How is it a exploit if they changed to work that way? Maybe why no response was given.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/ar...p/t-20233.html
Mend was always a 6 minute timer. If you look at the comments from those patch notes you'll see someone complaining about this.

The answer was essentially, "Yeah well we like it more this way."

To quote Haynar...

"If a mechanic or timer is hard coded into the client, then matching how the client is coded is sometimes best. Especially when it causes desyncs between the server and the client. It is not like mend is terribly overpowered in the first place. How was it in classic? I don't know. But I have no indication that is not how it was. Monks bitched about nerfs louder than any class. I never remember then complaining about a mend nerf."

Oh and a bit farther down from Haynar again...

"If Rogean and nilbog want it changed back, because a monk can solo at the zone line better, then rock on. I cannot fix the client/server getting out of sync any other way than how I did it. I did not ask your permission to make the change in the first place.

Maybe I can get eqclassic people to check how the mechanic is coded into the trilogy client? Good grief. Go make your own server if you don't like it here.

You got any evidence that ranger bows should do critical hits in classic? Because that is on my list of things to nerf, that I have been intentionally ignoring.

Whiny whiny whiny.

Time to nerf some stuff, rather than fix things."

In light of all this though I guess I'll go solo my Monk to 50 using this obvious exploit that is being left in because "it's sometimes best."

It's not terribly overpowered that a melee class can heal to full with an additional 25% heal on standby just by zoning over and over again. Might as well leave it alone, right?

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say it seems like certain devs purposefully leave classes untouched while nerfing others. A Monk being able to chain mend to full in less than 15 seconds isn't overpowered but damage shield duration being 12 minutes instead of 5 is CLEARLY in need of correction.

P.S. I don't actually care about the Druid buff nerf I'm just pointing out how incredibly lame it is that truly game breaking things in terms of a classic experience like WTYH or Mend are being left in for months after it's pointed out they're broken.
Last edited by azxten; 03-14-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right my response doesn't help you with anything. It's a rant about YOUR response which is complete fucking bullshit.

You essentially said, "Go do what you already did.. that's the right way to handle this." Yeah, that worked so well... going on like 6 months since a major bug was pointed out with evidence and everything including a developer response saying it would be fixed and it's still there but somehow you worked in nerfing Druid buffs.
Well I didn't work on the spells then, for beta, or now, so good luck. My response would be the same either way, continue making bug reports, and clarifying them, so the people that do fix the spells have the most to go on.

Stop ranting in server chat.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

Hey genius, we do this in our spare time. If it isn't good enough for you, go kick rocks and throw your little tantrums on a game where people actually get paid to listen to your entitled diarrhea of the mouth. Sure there are some bugs that need worked out, but the majority of your tears are about things already addressed somewhere else on the forums. Until some of you can learn how to communicate like human beings, I'm going to do everyone a favor, and put priority on on ejecting your worthless juvenile asses from the forums and the server.

Dont expect us to see a sense of urgency now that the live server has bugs that have been sitting on the beta server for 6 weeks untested and unreported. Especially when you have the audacity to sit here and insult the developers. I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Closed Thread