Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Vaya con Dios
Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vaya con Dios
What number is that on the menu?
Old 04-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Thanks for your time and effort
Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of the server isn’t to give everyone BiS pixels, it’s to have a server as close to classic as possible.

Guess what? Casual players not having BiS gear is as classic as it gets.
Classic had what, three guilds max in ToV? And ToV loot was good for what, a year? Before it was replaced with much better Luclin loot, making ToV irrelevant.

Per Braknar himself there are sometimes eight guilds in ToV on P99:

Quote:
[1:23 PM] Braknar: Has there ever been 8 guilds competing for ToV?

[1:24 PM] Braknar: Have you been online to watch the shit show that ensues?
And on top of all that, I don't remember first to engage messages, coth races, or any of the other B.S. that is completely unclassic but taken as a sacred part of the raid scene here.

But really, none of that has anything to do with what I'm saying. I'm not saying give BIS gear to whoever wants it, I'm saying let anyone capable of killing the dragons that drop BIS gear have a shot at killing them (ie. let people play the game we're all here to play, and let the game decide who gets what loot). After all, this is an emulated nostalgia server, and we're all here to relive our dreams of killing dragons together, right?

So try again. The current scene is so far from classic it's embarrassing that anyone even tries to use "classic" as an excuse for preserving it.

EDIT: Changed a word to "B.S." because I forgot I wasn't in RnF.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Last edited by loramin; 04-06-2019 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

I can't empathize with children upset over a free video game on the world wide web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except there is.

You were cothing up, which means:
  • you already had your raid force at ToV;
  • you had a mage in position to coth a puller.
I think by the time we even got our mage online you'd already cothed up three or four people? You had the jump on us.

It only takes one person to pull any of the trips or twins down to Aary. You had the same infrastructure we had, with people in position, and a raid force in zone. Saying that there is no way to compete with that is just incorrect - you were just not quick enough.

I've also seen Kittens pulling flurries and Eashen guards to the zone in, so you also understand the mechanics and have people capable of it.

And we were very careful with the pull to make sure you did not get trained. Nothing pathed back over you, we didn't ask you guys to log out of our way.

Your only inconvenience was wasted pearls.
We don't have the infrastructure to zone pull, you numpty. Sure, we could get Eashen, Aary, Ikatiar to zoneline. But we're not equipped to learn zone pulls on the fly from as deep as possible in ToV. We don't have the idols (you camp those 24/7), we don't have the DA earrings (you guys clickfest every ring war and broke the agreement for rotating those).

You guys don't want competition, you want everyone else to be scrambling while you guys get every kill possible and then get salty if someone else even gets one mob you were after.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of the server isn’t to give everyone BiS pixels, it’s to have a server as close to classic as possible.

Guess what? Casual players not having BiS gear is as classic as it gets.
This.

That's the main thing why Loramins stance bothers me. You claim the classic experience is the top guilds rotating zones with the lower guilds. I seriously doubt that it happened during the hay day of Velious, and if it did, it was on 1/10th of the servers.

Yes, last night may have been the "Wild wild west" but I mean, we made a mistake, and we owned up to it. That's all we can do. It's not like we have scenarios going on where each guild fucks up each other's pulls all the time. Or training on purpose. That kind of thing never happens. And those are the type of things I think of, when I think "Tov is a shit show". I also don't get the whole notion that the system helps those who break the rules. If we're winning 85%, that statement basically says that we break rules all the time. I simply do NOT think that is true. But hey, I don't have access to officer chat, maybe i'm wrong. Maybe they're in there scheming on how we're going to cheat to steal dragons every week.. >.>

And Loramin, Maybe you're correct about the 3 guild tiers. I don't get your point. I said there is nothing holding YOU back from raiding in Temple of Veeshan. First of all, there are 4 guilds who basically are in there competing every week. You could easily apply to one of those guilds if you wanted to see top end content.

But wait! Of course you don't want to leave your big family guild Anonymous! However...

Lord Bob raids in ToV all the fucking time. He doesn't even have a guild, he just spams EC for rando's to show up, and he leads them as best as he can. Sometimes, he's successful in bringing in Named mobs. Which is impressive considering the infrastructure. I don't know if I've even ever seen you in the zone. Once. So forgive me if I don't feel pity to your Muh turn in tov plight.

The reality is that there aren't many options

1. Leave it as is, Let the guilds work everything out amongst themselves (Personally I think this is the best option.) Maybe form a player made rule enforcement council.

2. Root the Dragons. My opinion is that this solution would make things worse. ToV has a training problem as it is. And your pulling mobs to the safety of the zone's entrance. I can't begin to imagine the shit show that would be NToV when 4 guilds are trying to race each other to Lady M after she pops.

3. Bring back FTE races, with an hour lockout. This solution may make sense as well.

4. Class system. I never liked it. But I certainly understand why people would. Most people would just throw alts in other guilds. /shrug.

5.... idk... leave it how it is, but every 3rd Friday of the month, simpop happens where all top 4-5 guilds are not allowed to enter ToV for 24 hours.

There is no "Correct" answer. Only, which one will piss off the least amount of people. A full on rotation really kills the spirit of the game though, in my opinion. Especially considering how exaggerated all the "issues in tov" are.

Loramin. Get a crew together. Windows open next Friday. I bet Aftermath bends over backwards to try and accommodate your raid. All you have to do is follow the rules. I'd beg detox to let you have our corner if you can show up with 35 people on a Friday night.

And if you can't, you shouldn't be bitching about not being able to raid ToV.

my 2cent
Last edited by Twochain; 04-06-2019 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't have the idols (you camp those 24/7), we don't have the DA earrings (you guys clickfest every ring war and broke the agreement for rotating those).
Ivandyr's Hoop got disabled in VP. Could they just do the same with these?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToV has a training problem as it is. And your pulling mobs to the safety of the zone's entrance.
ToV being a training shit show is classic though. I took off school as a kid to train the Euro guild that was trying to snipe Vulak when we left Vyemm and Vulak up one night.

Pulling dragons to the zone line? I dont remember anything like that. I highly doubt that was going on back in the day.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't have the infrastructure to zone pull, you numpty. Sure, we could get Eashen, Aary, Ikatiar to zoneline. But we're not equipped to learn zone pulls on the fly from as deep as possible in ToV. We don't have the idols (you camp those 24/7), we don't have the DA earrings (you guys clickfest every ring war and broke the agreement for rotating those).

You guys don't want competition, you want everyone else to be scrambling while you guys get every kill possible and then get salty if someone else even gets one mob you were after.
DA Earrings are 150k

The idol camp is a bunch of level 20 mobs. What do you suggest Aftermath does? Rotate the camp with other guilds? I can kind of understand where you're coming from, we do have it often. But, there's a reason we have it all the time. We probably check it the most. I've seen it open many times, and i'm not often strolling through highpass.

There are options. A lot of NToV pulls can be executed without a DA idol on a necro or mage. WToV too.

Eashen, Arry, ikky, dagarn, vyemm(lol), koi... those are pretty nice targets. Why not compete for them?

Because ya'll don't want to be competitive?

I'm sorry if I seem blunt, I like kittens =/ but it's unfair to just blame other guilds for your p99 experience because of your own guild's short comings. I wouldn't join a family oriented WoW guild and then bitch on the forums that it's not fair Team Method can kill Lady Jaina Proudmoore but mine can't. (For the record I AM in a casual family oriented WoW guild)
Last edited by Twochain; 04-06-2019 at 07:26 PM..
Closed Thread