Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

didn't the casuals ask for perma rooted mobs?

now mad they here?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

I don't raid, but people pulling dragons to the zone in of TOV kind of ruins the spirit of the game
Old 04-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't the casuals ask for perma rooted mobs?

now mad they here?
Casuals did better than they normally do on a quake. Blood Guard made a legitimate go at Eashen.

Casuals (defined by me as non-AM/AG) picked up:

Aary, Eashen, Jorl, Cek, Sev, LTK, Gozz, Telk, PD, Hosh, Silverwing, Druushk, Xygoz, Nexona, Gore, Sev, Trak, all 3 golems, Draco, Vox, Yeli, Zlandi, and RW (Oops).

That kill list is as good, if not better than others. And Vulak is still alive.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anon was killing west/north tov mobs, vindi, statue etc solo and with alliances back when kittens was wiping in plane of hate/fear. Go back and look at Anons original recruitment thread from back in 2015 if you want proof. Congratulations, you guys are now doing the same in 2019.
lol Phenyo isn't in Kittens.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who raided as a Warrior for some time on EQLive, I often used those mechanics to my advantage as well. When it came time to get into the realm of perma rooted mobs on P99, like Tunare, I specifically went through the aggro code and made sure permarooting on P99 was similar to live aggro mechanics, with the exception that summon kiting will NOT work here.

If a mob's summon timer is down and his top hate target is out of melee range, he will chose the next highest hate in melee range. Once summon is back up, he will revert back to top hate and summon them.

Additionally, a mob will not use his summon ability until his melee timer is also ready, at which point he will summon and immediately hit you with melee (The summon code is located right above the melee combat code in Mob AI, so it's processed immediately within the same server tic.)
Well there goes my hopes of ever maxing my Trakanon faction via killing the Arch Lich Prototype in Dragon Necropolis (assuming you guys went through the wildly unnecessary effort to revert him).
Old 04-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im arguing that your knowledge of the raid scene is so lacking that you cannot give an informed opinion on it and anything you do post (you post A LOT) is laughed at by everyone. You still think people coth duck lol, case in point.
Quoted for truth.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casuals did better than they normally do on a quake. Blood Guard made a legitimate go at Eashen.

Casuals (defined by me as non-AM/AG) picked up:

Aary, Eashen, Jorl, Cek, Sev, LTK, Gozz, Telk, PD, Hosh, Silverwing, Druushk, Xygoz, Nexona, Gore, Sev, Trak, all 3 golems, Draco, Vox, Yeli, Zlandi, and RW (Oops).

That kill list is as good, if not better than others. And Vulak is still alive.
Here’s the thing, that was a Quake on a Sunday night. Of course everyone’s going to get targets under those conditions.

Just wait until it’s a non-quake multiple days long window repop.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here’s the thing, that was a Quake on a Sunday night. Of course everyone’s going to get targets under those conditions.

Just wait until it’s a non-quake multiple days long window repop.
How will it be different from any other repop?
Last edited by Baylan295; 04-13-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How will it be different from any other repop?
When only one dragon is in window at a time races will be much more one-sided in favor of larger guilds. They be better equipped not only to get into position faster and pull faster but to survive a wipe better and to recover faster. Since racing = crawling, all of these factors benefit a larger guild and punish smaller guilds. On quakes or when windows are really stacked, smaller guilds will have a better chance at getting more desirable targets.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 04-13-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Banned

if it's a net decrease in pixels for Aftermath it's a fantastic change
Closed Thread